Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie Sanders/Single Payer Plan

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    bae changed his lifestyle and investment strategy decades ago, so that bae has very little actual income.

This was mostly so that Alan could pay for bae's healthcare. We got another free ride this year, just like last year. Thanks Alan!
    I'm preparing to do the same any day now. Looking forward to Ultralite paying for mine.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm preparing to do the same any day now. Looking forward to Ultralite paying for mine.
    Happy to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Happy to help!
    Just so you know, over the past 45 years I've paid for the best coverage in the civilized world and I'd really like to maintain it once you take over. Don't let me down.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Just so you know, over the past 45 years I've paid for the best coverage in the civilized world and I'd really like to maintain it once you take over. Don't let me down.
    I care deeply about making sure that myself and my fellow Americans have excellent, top notch healthcare. I am willing to contribute, advocate, and even vote to ensure it.

I care deeply about making sure that myself and my fellow Americans have excellent, top notch healthcare. I am willing to contribute, advocate, and even vote to ensure it.
    Great! I was afraid you'd stick me with government run single payer. That's a huge load off my mind.

I was afraid you'd stick me with government run single payer.
    That is what I hope to do. And I bet you'll begrudgingly like it!

That is what I hope to do. And I bet you'll begrudgingly like it!
    Reminds me of Henry Ford: "You can have any color Model T you'd like, as long as it's black".

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    https://www.medicare.gov/your-medica...at-glance.html

review that document and you will see Medicare is not free. There are deductibles, premiums, copay and some things are excluded. Drug coverage and MD coverage require premiums.

Before anyone throws a celebration about Medicare for all check out the costs. I imagine your glee will disappear.

it would cost us thousands each year before we had a chance to even see an MD or get sick in premiums alone.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    https://www.medicare.gov/your-medica...at-glance.html

review that document and you will see Medicare is not free. There are deductibles, premiums, copay and some things are excluded. Drug coverage and MD coverage require premiums.

Before anyone throws a celebration about Medicare for all check out the costs. I imagine your glee will disappear.

it would cost us thousands each year before we had a chance to even see an MD or get sick in premiums alone.
    Most commercial insurance plans are increasing deductibles, co-pays and other cost-sharing measures, so not sure how Medicare would be that much different. This year I gleefully transitioned from a high-premium, high-deductible commercial plan to significantly more affordable Medicare plan.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Most commercial insurance plans are increasing deductibles, co-pays and other cost-sharing measures, so not sure how Medicare would be that much different. This year I gleefully transitioned from a high-premium, high-deductible commercial plan to significantly more affordable Medicare plan.
    i agree with you. But I often see posts that equate Medicare for all with free coverage. Untrue. Some people may actually see increased costs. But no one will have zero coverage.

have you used Medicare much since becoming eligible? Because even one hospitalization can be quite costly

Thread Information