Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Double Sinks--Nice-to-have, or Need-to-have?

I hate double sinks in the bathroom because it takes away counter space.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You raise a good point. How much counter space do you all need? I have a small shelf on the wall next to a pedestal sink in the bathroom. Pedestal sinks have no counter space. But I do have a tall glass cabinet (IKEA BILLY) with all my bathroom stuff and towels in it. I have a wicker basket in that cabinet with my daily stuff, like toothpaste, make-up, etc., and I pull that out in the morning, put it on the toilet seat and just pull it out as I need it and then put it away when I'm done.

On the small shelf I keep my toothbrush holder, cleanser, a vinegar carafe with mouthwash in it, and tiny Dixie cups for rinsing. I don't let DH put his shaving cream on that shelf--Only what's pretty is allowed. I keep his shaving stuff in another one of those wicker baskets in the cabinet.

The only thing on the pedestal sink is hand soap. Because of the cabinet, and the small shelf, I don't need counter space.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We have a lot of empty counter between the 2 sinks. I think the total surface is about 8 feet. We bought it-we didn't build it. The bathroom had nothing to do with why we loved this house......

Thread Information