Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Social media really can help society.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    why oh why do you stay in this country. Do you not have a Mexican spouse?
    My take, as far as the issue of police brutality in regards to this nurse in Salt Lake City goes? Whichever country is renting me for the moment is irrelevant - this incident was flat out wrong regardless. This one, to me anyway, goes beyond whichever country at the moment has my presence - much like I find the situation in Houston at the moment to be beyond politics and I don't care from which side of the aisle help comes from - I just care that help arrives in Houston for the many victims of Harvey. Rob

Thanks for posting this, Bae. I agree with the article, too. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    why oh why do you stay in this country. Do you not have a Mexican spouse?
    Is there police brutality in Mexico?

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...0618-0016.html

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries...report-mexico/

The difference? Mexico does not hypcritically portray itself as a model for the rest of the world to follow, or as a beacon of freedom and opportunity. These are among the reasons that police brutality in the US is so unacceptable and soul crushingly morally repellent. Rob

Interesting reasoning there. Probably gives solace to those who are "disappeared" or tortured.

In the time since Rob started this thread, at leasr two police officers in my city were shot up bt gang bangers, I say " at least" two because it is hard to keep up. Also, the bangers' bulkets went through a house nearby, critically injuring a young woman who was simply sitting in her iwn house.

meanwhile, our beloved neighborhood cop has put in for retirement and I am secretly happy that he is out of the fray.we will miss him tremendously, but it is best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I came back to add something - I will be calling the Cobb County Police Department later today to Thank Them sincerely for firing this trash and keeping this trash from further accumulating a pension after this human rights abuse. Several of the people on my police brutality phone tree think I'm insane for calling to thank the police for behaving in the way that they should - but I see this differently.

I realized at a very young age how cheaply human life is held in America due to America being the only country in which human life is not worth socialized medicine - something I will NEVER be able to forgive or forget - and since the police did the right thing, which does not come naturally to US police may I add - in firing this (fill in the blank with a noun that would be nicer than the one I would use) - thereby showing some basic respect for human life - they deserve a Thank You from me as an activist. This is also something I will not budge on - the need to express appreciation to the police the rare times they actually do something right such as this instance firing the abusive officer in Cobb County, Georgia. Rob
    You are calling this department and wasting their time (and yours). The person answering the phone probably gives two ***** what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Interesting reasoning there. Probably gives solace to those who are "disappeared" or tortured.
    mexico gives him cheaper dental work so it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You are calling this department and wasting their time (and yours). The person answering the phone probably gives two ***** what you think!
    The take from the 85006 on this one is that they need to get a grasp of the volume of hatred, fear, terror, disgust, and non-compliance going forward that their despicable actions generate. The phone calls of course will change nothing in and of themselves.....it's just a tool for them to get a sense of the intense level of public hatred and disgust that they have earned. And in this particular case I see it as positive reinforcement as in the case of Cobb County, Georgia, they did something right. Perhaps the next officer will realize that likely he or she is being recorded and that whoever they are victimizing/going off on/displaying the truth about American police to will only be too happy to go to the media with their video/footage/recordings.....to not go to the media with such at this point is to be just as guilty as the police are...who would want to live with that at this point? Rob

Back to the title of the thread…..before there was social media, I did not know there were so many people who have mean, crude, nasty, evil, etc. thoughts. The words that proceed form the mouth are a mirror of the heart. Social media has proven to me that the mouth in many cases is indeed an ‘open sepulcher full of cursing and bitterness’. I find that it is often more hurtful than helpful.

Thread Information