Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having fun

Having fun

I thought it might be nice to post what people are doing to have fun.

I am having fun resetting my old jewelry.

Also having fun this week digging up the ancient garbage heap in my woods, and today found an old iodine bottle with a skull and crossbones.

Anybody have any fun new activities?

Wow, you know you're a simple live-er when you define fun as finding old stuff in the woods.

The most recent fun I've had is helping my picker/reseller SIL with a big "end-of-summer" flea market last weekend. He has a booth in an antique place and it was fun to scout stuff there (Beatles Second Album LP, possible new end table for living room, Annie Sloan chalk paint), walk over to City Market for sushi for lunch (I desperately miss Asian food up here), people watch and then help SIL break down his booth, and then the Grand Finale: Maple Creemees!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Hiking, kayaking, got takeout. Found a movie theater that does not require masks and that is next on my fun list.

I don't know if it's fun but have been enjoying collecting seed in the wild. It's legal here. Looking forward to hopefully a fun get-together coming up with an old friend from high school who lives not too far away.

This week I completed a craft project that I’ve been procrastinating on for more than a year and I had FUN doing it! It turned out to be easy Peezy, but I was dreading that it would not be.

OK you asked,! so now I have to show you pictures. I am besotted with classic Fortuny silk light shades.

I found a copy of one of them at a vintage store for $6.00 I planned to paint it with gold paint to look like the original. My cousin mailed me his gold powder paint, I didnt even have to buy it!

The painting project went well, so now I just need to find an old 1920s floor lamp and they are all around for about $100. DH will rewire it if needed. I can get my careful copy for about $110 and the original is $1800.

1. Original Fortuny floor lamp
    2. Close up of painted Fortuny silk shade
    3. iris’ hand painted copy

94FF075C-CFFC-46D4-A3AA-45E19ECE603E.jpg

B473E037-0133-4CF4-BB2B-8E75944B3813.jpg

6E7B44F5-27EB-4DCA-A170-E43363B8547F.jpg

Yppej
    You are talented IL.

Its fall, so for fun I knit. Usually socks or mittens. Always with colorful/self striping yarn because one solid color is too boring.

Is a maple cremee an ice cream thing, Catherine?

IL, that is gorgeous!

Yppej, your kayaking comment actually inspired this thread, so thank you.

Herbgeek, I feel guilty NOT knitting right now but did buy an Interweave Knits to read for fun.

Pinkytoe, we collect old apples and save the seeds to we're right there with you. And they're coming in right now so time for an apple road trip.

Astrophotography
    Wildlife photography
    Kayaking in odd places with my folding kayak
    Gardening
    Heading to the UK this week to hike Hadrian's Wall
    Recreational logging

Bae, your trip sounds wonderful--I hope you will get to spend lots of time with your daughter!

Recreational logging sounds very cool--I think we are getting to that one, if we could just figure out how to get a Morgan horse or two.

Thread Information