Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Based on Trump's behavior.....

I could see him resigning. I think he misses playing in his gold pile.

My take is that he will chafe eventually at the restrictions that come with being president--the security, the lack of freedom of movement.

If he were to be impeached, it could be for the emoluments clause, or because he tweeted classified information to the world--which I would not at all be surprised at.

What I think is more likely to happen is that after the first rush of power from being president dies down, and he gets bored, he will basically turn the running of the country over to his subordinates, and just bask in the glow of the worship of his followers, while not doing a damn thing. Depending on which subordinates are in control, this could either be good or horrible for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    What is amusing to me is how many people talk about the constitution like they are experts. I hear or read people,saying about Obama or Trump that they are or did "shred the constitution" like they are experts. There are very smart people who spend many years studying constitutional law and practice law who still disagree on what the interpretation is. It cracks me up that all of a sudden everyone is an expert on the constitution because of what they read on fox, CNN or an Internet forum.
    Well said. We have Supreme Court justices with extensive backgrounds in law who read the Constitution, each through their own lens, to arrive at decisions--often contentious ones. It's a document that invites interpretation--especially in this era, vastly removed from the 18th century,

Trump may try to shred the Constitution, but by the looks of it, he won't succeed. At least not easily.

Maybe he'll be like the Half-Governor Palin and resign halfway through his term to cash in on the speaking circuit. That would give him the 2 things he loves: money and a rapturous audience.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post

Trump may try to shred the Constitution, but by the looks of it, he won't succeed. At least not easily.
    I think one of the good things about a Trump Presidency is the sudden interest many people are taking in Constitutional limitations of government. I'm sure that if President Trump tries to infringe on religious liberty or forces private citizens to purchase products from private businesses or use the prosecutorial might of the Federal Government to punish ideological slackers, we'll see a whole new group of armchair constitutionalists telling us why that's no longer cool.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think one of the good things about a Trump Presidency is the sudden interest many people are taking in Constitutional limitations of government. I'm sure that if President Trump tries to infringe on religious liberty or forces private citizens to purchase products from private businesses or use the prosecutorial might of the Federal Government to punish ideological slackers, we'll see a whole new group of armchair constitutionalists telling us why that's no longer cool.
    Good point. All the people who once told us the Bill of Rights is obsolete since the invention of television and automatic weapons will be dusting off those creaky old checks and balances.

Side question - has Trump given any clues as to when he will fix the misreported unemployment rate? Hasn't he said it's really upwards of 40% or so?

Good, informative article. Thanks.

This appeared today in the local paper. All I can say is .... WOW!
    ATTACH=CONFIG]1694[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think he will be gone by the start of the 3rd year either by resigning or impeachment. His own administration is leaking things about him all the time. For instance, deciding at a dinner with 7 people including his son in law to conduct the bombing. Those types of decisions are always made after a meeting with many experts that know the situation. He has no interest in learning how government works. Obama was a lawyer so he knew the law.

Thread Information