Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Do you live in a bubble? PBS Demographic quiz...

Williamsmith
    My granddaughter was over today. I got out this big bottle of bubbles and we went outside where the wind was blowing. She took a bright purple wand, dipped it in the bottle pulled it out and waved it in the air and a dozen or so bubbles, perfect little spheres of soap took off carried by the wind. Some slightly larger than others, some bursting on the ground right after they were created but a few glistening in the sun took off skyward. A few were caught by an unseen stream of wind and pulled skyward ever higher and higher until they were out of sight. One floated by, a double bubble. One bubble failing to separate from another. Unable to gain height and headed toward the ground drawn by gravity....... Where it vanished......... suddenly...finally. It's not hard to imagine living in a double bubble.

rodeosweetheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    My granddaughter was over today. I got out this big bottle of bubbles and we went outside where the wind was blowing. She took a bright purple wand, dipped it in the bottle pulled it out and waved it in the air and a dozen or so bubbles, perfect little spheres of soap took off carried by the wind. Some slightly larger than others, some bursting on the ground right after they were created but a few glistening in the sun took off skyward. A few were caught by an unseen stream of wind and pulled skyward ever higher and higher until they were out of sight. One floated by, a double bubble. One bubble failing to separate from another. Unable to gain height and headed toward the ground drawn by gravity....... Where it vanished......... suddenly...finally. It's not hard to imagine living in a double bubble.
    Thank you, Williamsmith, I need this today.
    Happy Easter to you!

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    Thank you, Williamsmith, I need this today.
    Happy Easter to you!
    And to you also rodeo sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    That was beautifully written Williamsmith, and gave me wonderful images to see in my mind.

Yes, Williamsmith, thank you.

Very nice

btw I got 125, I need that potted palm!

The MMM group did the Fussell test fairly recently. I get middle class. The parquet they talk about is not the kind of parquet I've got on my floor, but I will still count it.

Fussel's test is very old because it mentioned ns all of those magazines. Anyone who gets haard cover magazines are old, like me. I have one magazine subscription.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-27-16 at 5:52pm.

Thread Information