Thread: 5 generation photo trip!

5 generation photo trip!

OMG I am so not ready to go back to work tomorrow.

We drove all day Friday to Iowa (me, daughter, her fiancee and of course grand-baby) and then spent Saturday there taking photos and hanging out, then drove home today. Whew, I didn't do any of the driving but it was still exhausting. I mostly sat in back and entertained grandbaby. My sister in law did the photos with her fancy camera and skills. SIL and brother are the more conservative sides of the family, and I was very nervous about seeing them. We all did okay.

The photos are soooo adorable, my favorite is the one of my grandmother with her fluffy white hair and bright blue eyes holding Avery with no hair and her bright blue eyes.

More amazing than having 5 healthy generations is that my mom let me cook in her kitchen!

That sounds like a gratifying trip. This would have been a perfect opportunity to use a vacation day to make a long weekend for yourself and get some R&R time today before going back to work.

That is a trip to remember, Zoe Girl. How wonderful! 5 generations! Glad you had a good time, albeit exhausting.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That sounds like a gratifying trip. This would have been a perfect opportunity to use a vacation day to make a long weekend for yourself and get some R&R time today before going back to work.
    Believe me I wish I could have taken one more day. I am already freaking out about what needs to be done today. Out of all our supervisors we have one on maternity leave, one unfilled position, one who is very ill and out for another 2 weeks, and mine who got 3 week jury duty!!

Still, despite the catching up needed now, it sounds like a trip that turns into a precious memory. Glad to hear that you did it!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information