Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance: "Shart Term" aka "Junk" Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    shake your head all you want, but instilling fear that white people will be the minority, there is a deep state controlling everyone, democrats are going to take all your money and give it to others and are eager to take your guns away profoundly affect people.
    White people will soon be the minority, there is a deep state, democrats do want more of our money and also want to take our guns away, those aren't idle fears because you guys tell us exactly what you want, but we don't lose sleep over that. We have faith in our ability to vote those damn democrats out every time they start getting giggity.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Doctors are being micromanaged by the insurance company. I am on Advair for my asthma. My copay is 32/month. So I go to pick it up and my copay is 318. So I asked if there is generic. Yes but doctor has to request it. Well it’s been 2 weeks, my doctor has requested it twice, the insurance wants my doctor to justify why I need the generic which should be cheaper. Meanwhile now instead of my maintainability medication I rely on my rescue inhaler.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me, plus they had me on another 300 dollar plus inhaler, so my medication copay was going to be around 700 dollars.

So I don't take it.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    White people will soon be the minority, there is a deep state, democrats do want more of our money and also want to take our guns away, those aren't idle fears because you guys tell us exactly what you want, but we don't lose sleep over that. We have faith in our ability to vote those damn democrats out every time they start getting giggity.
    democrats need more money to educate and pay medical for all the residents on the deep red states. To alleviate the deficit the Republicans ran up, to pay for farmer bailouts and Trumps weekend golf trips. It costs a lot to rent golf carts and rooms and food for all the secret service agents you know at those ritzy resorts.

I have heard and read very very few people say they want to take all guns away. What they would like is To quit seeing all the gun deaths reported, particularity of children. Restrictions especially on the kinds of guns no one would use for hunting, the military type weapons designed to kill as many people at once in the shortest period of time, especially out of criminals and mentally ill hands. And terrorists, including white supremacy groups, antifa groups, you know the extremely far left and extremely far right brainwashed by media and others of their ilk.

and of course to figure out why our drugs and healthcare costs so much when other countries seem to be doing a much better job at it. I don’t think people like Tybee need to live with difficult breathing, do you? It is shameful n a great country like ours.

that wouldn’t be so bad to see fewer children killed by guns each year, would it?

So they finally get permission for the generic and they want 162 for the copay. Why has it been reasonable for years and not now. I am on the generic for singular so that will have to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Exactly the same thing happened to me, plus they had me on another 300 dollar plus inhaler, so my medication copay was going to be around 700 dollars.

So I don't take it.
    I blame both the insurance companies and the pharmaceutical companies. My med used to be 27.00 a month out of pocket. Apparently the med was sold to a different company and the price went up to over $125 a month. Spent three years trying to find a different brand - including generics I can't take because of bad reactions to the fillers in those. Finally gave up and am back on the expensive med. Biting the bullet, but since I already cut cable tv over a year ago, have been eat beans and rice way more often anyway, don't shop on Amazon at all, and my last vacation was actually a "stay-cation" at home, I'll just figure out where to cut something else out. Oh, and, yes, if I don't take the med I will die (slowly, but will eventually die) and, yes, we do have insurance and those are the costs WITH insurance.

And, P.S. EVERYONE wants more of our money. Not always - and there are exceptions, of course, - but way too often, the stingiest people I see and hear complaining always seem to be the ones with a lot money.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Happy, it really sucks and many people are on multiple medications myself included. A fourth of our gross income now goes for HI.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    that wouldn’t be so bad to see fewer children killed by guns each year, would it?
    No it wouldn't, I don't know why people are so violent and emotionally hateful but I'm pretty sure taking away the hated weapon du jour won't solve that problem.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    Taking away weapons that can kill many people within seconds would absolutely cut down on the death toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Taking away weapons that can kill many people within seconds would absolutely cut down on the death toll.
    Which weapons won't?

The vast majority of deaths by gun are from pistols and revolvers brandished by people who are not legally allowed to own a weapon in the first place. The "assault" weapons everyone has their panties in a bunch about seldom harm a soul, but they're the ones everyone is concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Which weapons won't?

The vast majority of deaths by gun are from pistols and revolvers brandished by people who are not legally allowed to own a weapon in the first place. The "assault" weapons everyone has their panties in a bunch about seldom harm a soul, but they're the ones everyone is concerned about.
    Yet these are the ones I seem to hear about more in the news. And "seldom harm a soul" is fine until that soul belongs to a brother, sister, son, daughter, wife, etc.

Why can't we save THOSE souls and remove THOSE weapons, then continue and work on the rest? Let's start SOMEPLACE with SOMETHING!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information