Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your take on shortages/supply chain disruptions?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    May plagues and famine and supply chain disruptions afflict the heathenish red tribe!
    I'm not wishing that on them. I'd actually rather they get vaccinated. But apparently they like the freedom to die of easily preventable illness and have a governor who is happy to oblige them.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But apparently they like the freedom to die of easily preventable illness and have a governor who is happy to oblige them.
    I think that the sovereignty of the individual and the limits on government's ability to use its power to coerce them is one of the founding principles of this country. I think it's dangerous when we decide its ok to pick and choose when those principles are applied and when they are not. YMMV
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    I'm not wishing that on them. I'd actually rather they get vaccinated. But apparently they like the freedom to die of easily preventable illness and have a governor who is happy to oblige them.
    Except most of them won't die. Covid-19's lethality rate is estimated at 1%.

Keep crying wolf over covid and when the "big one" that the Defense Department and others are preparing for - something like the Black Death with a 33% lethality rate - arrives no one will pay attention. Public health officials need to learn to pick their battles.

Covid killed 350,000 people last year despite all the lockdowns and restrictions. Do we really want an endemic disease that kills more than that year after year after year? Is that really y’all’s idea of freedom?

Yppej
    Covid killed 350,000 people last year despite all the lockdowns and restrictions. Do we really want an endemic disease that kills more than that year after year after year? Is that really y’all’s idea of freedom?
    It won't. It's peaked. But to some people facts don't matter. They act based on fear, or use fear as a tool to increase their power.

Case in point - 70% vaccination was supposed to be the goal, then 80%. Now there are universities above 90% but the students all still have to wear masks (though the overpaid big shot administrators don't).

666,441 US deaths in combat from 1775-2019. Freedom!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    666,441 US deaths in combat from 1775-2019. Freedom!
    Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Freedom isn't free.
    No it's not, but sometimes - instead of sacrificing/endangering the lives of others - it's easy to achieve by doing simple things that benefit ALL - like wearing a mask.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    No it's not, but sometimes - instead of sacrificing/endangering the lives of others - it's easy to achieve by doing simple things that benefit ALL - like wearing a mask.
    If we all walked everywhere no one would die in car accidents or people could just put on their damn seatbelts, some would still die, but most would live.

We could all wear masks forever or people could just get their damn vaccines, some would still die, but most would live.

And as a society we could say, Don't want to put on that seatbelt? Don't want that vaccine? Sucks to be you, but I'm living my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Sucks to be you, but I'm living my life.
    No, actually it is sounding more like it sucks to be you. Again, hoping you can find some happiness.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information