Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bombs, bombs, everywhere....

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    And thank you for your sincere apology.
    It was intended not as an apology but rather an explanation and pledge, with the former being completely ingenuous and the latter perhaps a little less so. Irreverence is hard to shake.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe the plan had been to spread them out over a couple of weeks to maximize the suspense but thanks to issues beyond their control it didn't work out that way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I thought it was funny also.
    I am sitting here thinking about the re-education camp Terry and Alan will be attending and for how long, given their relative transgressions. Terry only commented that the cartoon was funny, even though it was not empathetic, was deliberately racist, and clearly Wrongthought. Probably a month for her in the camp is sufficient.

But Alan, well, he promoted the Diseased Thought Cartoon by The Enemy of the People, and then failed to apologize when confronted with his Thoughtcrime. That is a serious offense. I would say a year in Re- education camp is necessary.

Well, I hope Alan and Terry will be happy to know that if they start getting rounded up for the camps, I'll consider that a call to action!

#לעולם לא עוד

Thanks for the empathy IL and Bae! I actually find a lot of humor in many kinds of political cartoons.

A good political cartoon often contains a bit of humor--probably to keep one from slashing one's wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It was intended not as an apology but rather an explanation and pledge, with the former being completely ingenuous and the latter perhaps a little less so. Irreverence is hard to shake.
    Irreverence, eh? Is that the same as "I was only joking?"

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    Irreverence, eh? Is that the same as "I was only joking?"
    No, but feel free to paint me in bad light and I'll continue to smile and we'll both be happy. I think that's called magnanimous irreverence.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I am not sure Alan and I can get along in re-education camp. Maybe if we don’t talk politics)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No, but feel free to paint me in bad light and I'll continue to smile and we'll both be happy. I think that's called magnanimous irreverence.
    Silly me. I always thought magnanimity was in the eye of the beholder. Now that I know I can assign it to myself, I'll be more generous in claiming it.

Thread Information