Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much of your life do you live your way?

Apparently 100% now.

As the t-shirt says "Eat right, exercise, die anyway."

Life's a crapshoot whether you're a paragon of whatever health fad is ascendant or not.

A good friend of mine ate super healthy, exercised daily her entire life and got cancer and was dead by 60. Life is a crap shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Apparently 100% now.
    That will be an adjustment. Will your daughter be hanging around the island for a while?

I guess that's true love to let your spouse eat whatever they wish. We have neighbors like that - the wife is trim, healthy and active. Her husband of 25 years is obese, diabetic and can barely get around. The thing about lifestyle choices that may affect health is that one is rarely lucky enough to go quickly. It is usually a long drawn out affair.

I never nag my husband about life style choices. We are all adults and get to make our own choices. My husband exercises a lot and slightly overweight. He has always ate too much candy. His mom used to remind him that Type 2 diabetes runs in the family. A year ago he was diagnosed. First all he ate was diabetic candy but now eats some regular candy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I never nag my husband about life style choices. We are all adults and get to make our own choices. My husband exercises a lot and slightly overweight. He has always ate too much candy. His mom used to remind him that Type 2 diabetes runs in the family. A year ago he was diagnosed. First all he ate was diabetic candy but now eats some regular candy too.
    Agreed. i dont know how one “lets” one’s spouse do anything.

My DH, who has practically perfect health habits, had better not try to control my less than perfect eating and drinking and very occasional smoking. Nope!

Apparently 100% now.
    good to hear from you Bae. I've been wondering how you're getting along. If you'd decided to use that passport and leave!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Agreed. i dont know how one “lets” one’s spouse do anything.

My DH, who has practically perfect health habits, had better not try to control my less than perfect eating and drinking and very occasional smoking. Nope!
    Agreed. I suppose if you want to assume the stern parent role, you can try. And even being a smug paragon of perfect health habits is unlikely to provide you with a sunshine and unicorns version of death.

Apparently 100% now.
    Dude. That is kind of bad ass!

Thread Information