Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

I finished writing an “Iris Jeopardy” game with 6 categories and 30 questions. It didn’t have to be completed before October, it it is good to have it done now.

I did my daily stuff and DH and I decided where to place one ottoman. It really makes the room look so much nicer and it hasn't even been painted or had the cushion added yet!
    We will give the other one to my sister (she had said she would like one if we decided not to use both). I decided to skip the leaves for today, and DH was very supportive because I think he was afraid I would expect him to help.
    We had a nice walk and saw some kingfishers, a hoodie and a couple of hawks. We get so much pleasure from bird watching, between our feeders and our walks and living by the river, we get to see a lot of cool birds.

Send a picture of the ottoman--can you store things in it, like extra linens for a fold-out couch?

Talked to my dad and mom. They are okay. He says they are doing a really good job caring for him and he is embarrassed they are requiring so much extra concern.

Deep cleaned bedroom--took an hour and a half.

Edited for an hour and a half.

Now it's time to go to bed; I have bronchitis, so I need to go get under the covers to stave off the chills!

Tybee, I think you should rest until you feel better. I don’t know if our university gave support to people in your situation but with my computer skills it wouldn’t have been pretty. So glad I only teach online so everything is done for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Send a picture of the ottoman--can you store things in it, like extra linens for a fold-out couch?

Talked to my dad and mom. They are okay. He says they are doing a really good job caring for him and he is embarrassed they are requiring so much extra concern.

Deep cleaned bedroom--took an hour and a half.

Edited for an hour and a half.

Now it's time to go to bed; I have bronchitis, so I need to go get under the covers to stave off the chills!
    I hope you feel better Tybee! Here is Silvio the Cat posing for us on the ottoman:
    ottoman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I hope you feel better Tybee! Here is Silvio the Cat posing for us on the ottoman:
    ottoman.jpg
    wow that is beautiful!
    Terry I am going to bed with nothing planned for 36 hours!

I finally defrosted our extra freezer. I should have done it while it was freezer temperatures outside, but ... whatever. It is done now, I know what I have in there, and I have room to fill up as I shop for groceries (my aim is to use up the old stuff and keep it full; so far that's worked well for meal planning).

Bonus: I haven't been in a grocery store in eight days and I probably won't "need" to visit one until Tuesday. Usually I'm in one store or another 2-3 times a week. This undoubtedly is saving some money, which is good because we kind of ran up the grocery budget getting ready to stay at home.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I took a walk and that helped. We saw a family with 4 kids that we usually talk to and usually let them pet the dogs. We crossed the street and all waived at each other. They have the kids trained but it was sad.

This is what I got DONE!
    Great idea ecjhase and good morning to the rest of you!
    Being over 70 I am staying in!
    Dd insisted on doing the shopping but, not sure she is really
    the healthiest of the two of us...sadly!
    But, she is being as careful as possible and not going for anything but essentials.
    Well, I discovered Youtube to watch on the TV and whoa it is an endless source
    of EVERYthing you would want to know....lol.
    I have never been a quilter and NOW I am an expert at strip and crumb quilting
    and so much more.
    Joking aside I have starting to some unfinished projects and spring cleaning/decluttering.
    Like some I don't have issues with the everyday but it is doing more and being accountable
    that I find hard.
    For today:
    --1/2 hour sewing (back doesn't allow for much more then that but, surprising how much
    it ends up being if you do that much) DONE
    --2 loads of wash DID 3 Loads
    --20 min walk DID NOT DO
    --20 min of Richard Simmons on You Tube....lol...there is good stuff on there too DONE
    --1 small on line job for my charity group that I have been putting off. DECIDE IT DIDN'T NEED DONE
    IT IS ABOUT AN FUND RAISER PLANED FOR MID MAY....NOT LIKELY TO EVEN HAPPEN!!!

--60 mins of cleaning and decluttering ----DID THIS OUTSIDE COMPOSTED AND TIDY UP YARD FOR 30 MIN
    See you all tonight It felt really good to work outside and clean up a bit!
    See you all tomorrow morning!

Hi everybody - I need to hold myself more accountable, so I'm joining in. I've been off work since the end of January (paid until April 20) and then I'm going to retire. Struggling with the paperwork, which I hate... which is neither here nor there. DD is not working, as the museum is closed. She and DH are NOT used to me being here all day and it's been an adjustment for us all. I am NOT getting much done - I can't believe how many ways there are to fritter away time! So I've been making lists and trying to get at least SOME stuff accomplished. Today: repaired a box of vintage Easter decorations that were mine as a child; priced a box of items for one antique booth (one of the malls we're in is closed, one is open), updated my spreadsheet, wrote in journal, ran dishwasher. (See what I mean about frittering away time??)
    Tomorrow:
    run errands (Store/bank drop, pick up some of my beef from DB's freezer), thaw some of the beef and grind for hamburgers, change our bed linens, put away clean dishes, take three boxes of stuff upstairs, journal

Thread Information