Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Now for this I will protest.....

Now what do you call someone who judges a group of people from the actions of a few? Who hates an entire group? Is that racist, a bigot, intolererant, or just insane.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I wonder which these excuses the cop will use to justify his actions.

"If she had just complied none of this would have happened ".
    "This drugged out thug nurse had no respect for the law"
    "She was breathing in an aggressive manner"
    "She probably comes from a broken family"
    "Let all the facts come out, before we go jumping to conclusions".
    "Police officers have a hard job "
    "Of course she is going to want a police officer around if a crime is being commited though ".

Of all the cases of questionable police actions this one seems pretty clear cut. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
    What's good about this particular case is that society at large seems to be siding with the nurse and not the cop - and not just in the 85006 but in "nicer" areas - I think that's wonderful for society but bad for the police going forward as more and more people who would tend to auto-side with the police and question nothing are seeing straight through the police on this one, which may make it harder for the police to get away with their BS going forward - I'm not talking the whole country "getting it" but more and more people who would have prior to this auto-sided with the police "getting it". This gives me a little hope for society going forward.

This has made the news in Austria, too, and my cousin Astrid has been in touch with me via text worried for my Mother and myself....that we may become victims next. It's impossible so try and soother her as what she's saying about America? She's right and I knew that years ago. No level of looking the other way or being patriotic is ever going to change knowing this for me - I'm fortunate that way I guess. Whatever. At least more people are becoming aware of the true nature of American police through this mentally unstable psycho officer's actions in Salt Lake City - and this means more people standing up to the police, more people recording the people, more people suing the police, more people auto-siding against the police, more people questioning anything the police might say or do, more people auto-distrusting the police - just more people dishing out to the police what they have so richly earned.

I don't think there's anything that Trump can do about this one and any heavy handed effort of his to regain more complaince of the general public to the police is going to backfire at this point - too many people out there know the truth of American police at this point. About time but better late like this than never happening at all......Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Now what do you call someone who judges a group of people from the actions of a few? Who hates an entire group? Is that racist, a bigot, intolererant, or just insane.
    I'd say intelligent if we are discussing terror of dealing with psychotic American police. This comes from someone having witnessed police brutality taking place right in front of them - no way am I EVER going to unsee this and no way will I EVER be able to trust any American police officer. I know the truth about American police....once you know this, you can't "unknow" it. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'd say intelligent if we are discussing terror of dealing with psychotic American police. This comes from someone having witnessed police brutality taking place right in front of them - no way am I EVER going to unsee this and no way will I EVER be able to trust any American police officer. I know the truth about American police....once you know this, you can't "unknow" it. Rob
    You judge the majority of good police officers who are risking their lives daily and helping thousands, against the small minority that are bad.

I have a few friends that are retired police officers and you couldn't know better people. Obviously the 85006 is full of bigoted trash due to their hatred. Looking at the crime statistics of the 85006 I'm sure most there would rather not see the police as many are thieves and thugs.

I havent even looked into the gay men and waiters who have done terrible things. Society should go after them also.

and boo hoo, you were evidently tramitized at a early age. Get some counseling.

658 people I worked with died on 9/11. I'd visited the office just shortly before the planes hit. Should I ever trust a Muslim again? If I decide I don't trust Muslims and avoid them at all turns, and don't talk to them willingly, what does that make me? If I rail against them, what does that make me?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    658 people I worked with died on 9/11. I'd visited the office just shortly before the planes hit. Should I ever trust a Muslim again? If I decide I don't trust Muslims and avoid them at all turns, and don't talk to them willingly, what does that make me? If I rail against them, what does that make me?
    Bae, please don't drop dead of shock here. It strikes me that you quite likely have a point here. I will think it over - I am about to take off for a banquet event and will think your post here over when my shift is over. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Uhm, using his words....

I'd say intelligent if we are discussing terror of dealing with psychotic Muslims. This comes from someone having witnessed Muslim brutality taking place right in front of them - no way am I EVER going to unsee this and no way will I EVER be able to trust any Muslim. I know the truth about Muslims....once you know this, you can't "unknow" it. Rob
    FIFY

Of course public opinion is going to side with the nurse. This is clear cut. I think some cops are good people that get burned out by what they see. Some are psychopaths and they want the power. Some communities as a whole do not tolerate police abuse which is good and some turn a blind eye. When I lived in WI I felt very differently about police in general then I do now. It is based on what is happening locally.

Thread Information