Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a Social Justice Warrior (SJW)?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Funny. When I hear Lord of the Flies, I think Republicans.
    I think there's considerable shared behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I was having a discussion about SJWs with an acquaintance the other day. It got me thinking about how an SJW is defined. So I thought I would crowdsource this here.

What would you consider an SJW?
    Not a phrase I actually use. Mostly when I've heard it, it seems to describe someone who is making efforts to change something in society that a) the speaker likes, or b) the speaker thinks is trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

I work at the food bank with a guy who thinks it's important for us to have semi automatic weapons because we might one day have to shoot the police.
    Have you suggested to him that perhaps he should carry a fully charged smartphone instead?

I'm pretty sure that in the vision in his head the smartphone will be useless. Who would you call anyway?

honestly, as someone who has never shot anything that was breathing, or anything at all for 34 years, he's the sort of guy I'd want at my side if the police were a threat to me.

he doesn't think we might have to shoot the police tomorrow, he's just thinking, how long do you wait? Because once you do have to shoot the police, it's going to be really hard to get the semiautomatic....

I'm pretty sure that in the vision in his head the smartphone will be useless. Who would you call anyway?

The phone isn't for calling anyone, it's for taking video. That's how they do it in the 85006.

he doesn't think we might have to shoot the police tomorrow, he's just thinking, how long do you wait? Because once you do have to shoot the police, it's going to be really hard to get the semiautomatic....
    Nah. Once you reach that point, the police and army have plenty of arms, and really nice ones at that. Easy enough to take theirs if for some reason you need one.

No one in his scenerio is going to want to see the video either. (Video of what? He's thinking more "revolutionary war", less "escalated riot")

Bae, I'm not sure what you think the word "easy" means -

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The phone isn't for calling anyone, it's for taking video. That's how they do it in the 85006.
    I love to see wisdom from the 85006 spreading beyond the boundaries of the 85006! Rob

I went to the range yesterday to try out a new .45 cal I got for my birthday. With the hangun I can hit a smart phone pretty much every time at 15yds. At 25 yds I can hit the person holding the smartphone pretty much every time. With a rifle the yardages go to 100 to hit the phone and 200 to hit the holder.

i need to start practicing. But my vision is just not as good as it use to be.

you never know when a mob of SJW might attack with their smartphones. And since they now make a gun that is shaped like a phone you have to assume they are armed.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    With a rifle the yardages go to 100 to hit the phone and 200 to hit the holder.

i need to start practicing. But my vision is just not as good as it use to be.
    An iPhone 7 is 5.44" x 2.64". You ought to be able to hit it out to ~264 yards with a simple MOA-capable rifle/cartridge combination. Probably twice that if you have a high precision instrument and good wind-reading skills, or if you are content to hit it in the longer dimension, assuming the hand holding it makes up for the narrow dimension.

More practice!

Thread Information