Thread: Myths vs realities - which is it?

Myths vs realities - which is it?

A friend recently advised me that if I placed a copper penny in the bottom of my vase before adding water and arranging the flowers, the arrangement would last much longer. I had heard this before but is this really true?

Are today's pennies even made of copper any more? Well, Canada no longer uses pennies but I do have a small stash of them for fun uses.

What myths vs realities have crossed your mind?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    Is it true when you cut off the end of the cucumber if you rub the cut piece against the larger piece it will remove bitterness from the cucumber?

My MIL said that dabbing a skin tag with "first spit" (the saliva in your mouth first thing in the morning), would make it go away.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

According to the good folks at proflowers.com the best way to preserve cut flowers is to stick them in the fridge every night. The second best is to give them a little soda.

https://www.proflowers.com/blog/how-...rs-last-longer

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    My MIL said that dabbing a skin tag with "first spit" (the saliva in your mouth first thing in the morning), would make it go away.
    My dog has a skin tag that I will try this on, haha.i do not expect it to go away.

Williamsmith
    I wonder if anyone has bottled and sold.....”First Spit”?

Thread Information