Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First baby dread

I don't dread grandbaby! I went over last night and we went to the store and got playdough and a toy car (dodge viper)

Hair is not actually cooperating, going with some varieties of braids right now. I did some little braids and then was in a rush this morning so washed my hair with them in and let it all air dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I don't dread grandbaby! I went over last night and we went to the store and got playdough and a toy car (dodge viper)

Hair is not actually cooperating, going with some varieties of braids right now. I did some little braids and then was in a rush this morning so washed my hair with them in and let it all air dry.
    I, too, misunderstood the title.W
    What is the difference between a braid and a dreadlock?

I did not start my by dreads by doing braids: I went to a ladyin Ann Arbor who has a salon called "Grateful Dreads" and she got them started by sectioning off my hair and doing a backcombing and teasing process, then using a crochet hook to wrap loose hairs around the core and hold it really tight. It takes a few months for them to really "lock" up and take, and I had to go back after a few months then just for maintenance. She did a great job initially, so after all these years and making sure I go in at least once a year for maintenance I always get compliments from the new hair person about how well I take care of them - they're clean, and I make sure I take care of any "mergers" (when two braids interconnect and become one thick one. If you don't cut them apart when you find them it can become a big mess later).

Thanks SQ, i think doing them myself is not going to work. It wasnt working so i did tiny braids in the front of my hair for awhile. Then i had to 'do' my hair 2 days this week! Blow dry and use a curling iron to smooth out, what a pain.on friday i went back to braids since friday is casual.

I looked at professionals and they do a great job, i am going to wait a few months because i have am in a spend nothing but essentials period.

Thread Information