Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexico this Monday, 6/11.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Mexico this Monday, 6/11.....

Going down to Mexico this Monday, June 11th to get my teeth cleaned, get two dental night guards made, and to stock up on Retin A. Of course living where I do in a heavily Hispanic neighborhood I keep track of what is going on between Trump and Mexico and it's not looking good. Though I don't read the future I fear this may be my last time in Nogales - I don't consider it one bit unrealistic that Mexico may make it difficult for US citizens to access the country for affordable medical and dental....not good, but as I said, I don't read the future and I do hope things don't come to this. But being me I'm already making plans A, B, and C as I have zilch trust or faith in this situation.

But at least barring something dramatic happening the next 72 hours, I can have this day in Mexico and also dinner with relatives in Nogales, and a Cousin I keep hearing about in Hermosillo is coming up to visit too so I'm looking forward to that. I'll have nice, clean teeth for $35 anyway. And this time I'm hoping to find a license plate at one of the stalls selling junk from Mexico City........been looking for one for years and I can't ever find one. Rob

Medical tourism is a HUGE $ maker for Mexico so they are not going to cut that off just because the Orange One is a A-hat! Have fun!

I am thrilled to see you exercise capitalistic freedom by shopping for the best product at the best price.

yay, capitalism!

My dentist charges less than $100 for teeth cleaning and
    I dont have to dedicate days to that activity, so my capitalistic choice is to stay here.

But vive choice! Options are good. Just think, if we had NannyG controlling it all, our choices would be limited or nil depending on which flavor of public health
    Nanny allowed us.

Yppej
    Rob, do you have dental insurance available at your job? It usually covers cleanings at 100%.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Rob, do you have dental insurance available at your job? It usually covers cleanings at 100%.
    Hi Yppej! I waived the dental insurance as it covers hardly anything other than cleanings and just having the two dental night guards made in Mexico I'm coming out enough dollars ahead to justify my time spent in going on down to the borderland. Sad, but what can I do? Thankfully I live in a border state and not far from the border so I can offshore my dental at the drop of a hat.

That right there is truly something to be grateful for and yes, I am grateful for my proximity to the Mexican border. Plus beyond that I really do like my dentist and not only that, I even trust my dentist. So it's worth it to me for reasons even beyond saving money and beyond even voting with my feet to go on down to Mexico for this particular dentist. Rob

Yppej
    It is hard to find a good dentist and I'm glad you have. It took me awhile.

IL: if we had universal health care you would still be free to pay for health care anywhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    IL: if we had universal health care you would still be free to pay for health care anywhere in the world.
    Would Nanny allow that? If you say so. Maybe she would throw a tax on medical tourism.

I doubt it.

This border issue will go away eventually. Southern California does not have an illegal alien problem, we have the opposite problem in not enough people to work

Thread Information