Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Fun About Your State?

What's Fun About Your State?

What's fun about Texas is watching totally un-selfconscious cowboys doing a slow line dance to The Doobie Brothers "Drift Away" in a hamburger joint.

Nothing is fun about my state. People are better off visiting Oregon or California. It's cold and wet and grey here all the time, and the people are unfriendly. Our economy is mostly driven by treating injuries caused by speeding Amazon trucks. Best to avoid us!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Nothing is fun about my state. People are better off visiting Oregon or California. It's cold and wet and grey here all the time, and the people are unfriendly. Our economy is mostly driven by treating injuries caused by speeding Amazon trucks. Best to avoid us!
    But the whole Portland area is engulfed in wildfire smoke and awash in armed and dangerous Antifa fighters. All the buildings are aflame. And, if you're homophobic, Portland has the second-highest percentage of same-sex couples, behind only San Francisco. Feminists are everywhere, as are man-buns. Best to avoid that area, too.

I hear South Dakota is nice...

I’m glad I live in a State where nobody worries much about keeping the undesirables out, and you can hear Polka versions of “Sweet Child O Mine” or “Highway to Hell”. The fishing is pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think we can both agree on that! A tourist paradise!

Yppej
    Salem is pretty unique at Halloween. There are many other fun things but you can find them in other places as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’m glad I live in a State where nobody worries much about keeping the undesirables out, and you can hear Polka versions of “Sweet Child O Mine” or “Highway to Hell”. The fishing is pretty good too.
    I could say the same about my state except for the Polka thing, here it's Bluegrass versions of the same songs.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    All kidding aside, it actually is! I've spent a fair amount of time in different parts of the state over the past few years, the scenery is wonderful, the historical attractions are interesting and the people are friendly. If it weren't for those cold winters I'd consider it the perfect retirement destination.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Skamania County makes shooting Sasquatch a crime. It was a felony but has been watered down since.

I think my forebears settled there for a time. Or maybe it was North Dakota.
    The population density would be a draw...

Thread Information