Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Republican Love Fest After the Tax Bill was passed.......

Williamsmith
    I see Monty Hall asking me if I want door #1 or door #2. One of them has Democrat Hillary Clinton and her big government tax hikes behind it. The door slides open and I see Donald Trump.......and I break into my happy dance. You see, it’s just that simple. And yes, I am dressed up in a hillbilly outfit just for Monty.

The Disney heiress will save a lot of $ with these tax cuts but she is very much against them. An example of another wealthy person who is more interested in the common good then their own selfish interest. 1 in 6 kids in the US lives in a food insecure home. When kids do not get enough to eat if negatively impacts their cognitive abilities. As a SW I have seen kids born with normal intelligence ended up with very low IQ's due to lack of food. These are kids that as adults will have trouble supporting themselves, etc due to their below average intelligence level. We will be helping them forever as adults when we could have helped them as children and their lives would have been different. This is just one example of many when the poor are not helped. Both parties need to think beyond what is good for themselves and look to what is good for the whole country. I am truly heartbroken as to what is happening to this country.

I will refrain from opinionated comment until I've lived with it a few years. It does seem though that ordinary Joes will now make up for any federal tax savings with higher state taxes if you live in a state with those. If Repubs go after "entitlement" programs that we have already paid into, then I want my money back. It is just my personal observation and depends on where you live, but the direction of life quality for many Americans has declined rapidly. More homelessness, more petty crime. The future won't be pretty.

Whatever progress has been made in the past bringing back the economy from the greatest recession in a very long time is now history. The GOP now owns the economy from here on out and their grand experiment of trickle down economic growth paying for an additional 1.5 trillion dollar deficit. I will gladly take whatever benefits I receive, but I don't feel like the benefits were fairly distributed to the middle class.

I like the concept of giving people free money. We can always print more.
    Last edited by Rogar; 12-21-17 at 5:20pm.

Yeah... and now more trillions in debt we go. Smart... NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I see Monty Hall asking me if I want door #1 or door #2. One of them has Democrat Hillary Clinton and her big government tax hikes behind it. The door slides open and I see Donald Trump.......and I break into my happy dance. You see, it’s just that simple. And yes, I am dressed up in a hillbilly outfit just for Monty.
    You would HAVE to be dressed in your hillbilly outfit to believe that this is a good thing! Somebody has to pay taxes. I feel very sorry for our youth and younger generation. They will inherit this mess! I honestly don't think it will personally hurt me since I worked for the govmt and have saved and lived by YMOYL. It is others less fortunate that strikes fear in my heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Anyone see that on the news? It was actually embarrassing. And some even said "He's a great leader". Huh? Who are they talking about??
    The moron who said that was Paul Ryan. He's the one now kissing the don's arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I will gladly take whatever benefits I receive, but I don't feel like the benefits were fairly distributed to the middle class.
    I'm not in favor of the government distributing money, they can't give it to me without first taking it from you. It doesn't seem right.

I like the concept of giving people free money. We can always print more.
    Where's Bae and his pictures of Zimbabwe's trillion dollar bills?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan may be right. Perhaps the people who get a small tax break like WilliamSmith's will be happy enough with it that they won't care that 82% of the cuts went to corporations and the top 1% of earners. And maybe employees at the companies who have announced bonuses will be happy with the pennies they receive. My cell phone carrier, for instance, announced that they will be giving 200,000 employees a one time $1000 bonus because of the tax cut. Never mind that that only represents 10% of their estimated $2 billion annual windfall from the cut.

But at least the republicans have finally given up that silly lie that they are the party of fiscal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But at least the republicans have finally given up that silly lie that they are the party of fiscal responsibility.
    Yeah, that bugs me. I can only think that we've become accustomed to large deficits after doubling the national debt under a Democratic administration. The $1.5T over 10 years doesn't seem that bad after living through an average of nearly that each year for the past decade.

We'll see how the Democrat's current outrage over debt holds up next year when the Republicans start working on cutting spending.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information