Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NBA - Raptors won!

The NBA - Raptors won!

Not sure how many online here are basketball fans but I had to post this Canadian Success Story.

A news report that I read this morning gave a unique insight into the Raptors team. Few are stars of note, all had humble beginnings but with tenacity, resilience and an opportunity achieved success. Nice to read and see happen.

That said, I will confess that not having TV, I didn't watch the actual game last night. I did, however, visit the arena to watch the Golden State Warriors on my visit to SF in 2018. I have the t-shirt to prove it. A shirt was on every seat for those attending.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Not sure how many online here are basketball fans but I had to post this Canadian Success Story.

A news report that I read this morning gave a unique insight into the Raptors team. Few are stars of note, all had humble beginnings but with tenacity, resilience and an opportunity achieved success. Nice to read and see happen.

That said, I will confess that not having TV, I didn't watch the actual game last night. I did, however, visit the arena to watch the Golden State Warriors on my visit to SF in 2018. I have the t-shirt to prove it. A shirt was on every seat for those attending.
    We can’t get any kind of sports news here because the noise over the St. Louis Blues winning the Stanley Cup is drowning out all other information.

The whole series was terrific--fast-break ball at its best. I was solidly in the Raptors' camp, so I'm happy today.

[QUOTE]We can’t get any kind of sports news here because the noise over the St. Louis Blues winning the Stanley Cup is drowning out all other information.[/QUOTE

How many times have they won now? It must be getting tiresome and ho-hum by now.

However, the Raptors have won for the first time and it is the first time that the trophy has gone outside the US. That is really special.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

How many times have they won now? It must be getting tiresome and ho-hum by now.
    Um, this was their first Stanley Cup win in their 52 year history.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Um, this was their first Stanley Cup win in their 52 year history.
    OOPS, OK, they can make all the noise that they like as those fans earned the right. The Raptors fans have been waiting only 25 years.
    Thanks for the correction, Alan.

We actually were in Toronto last week when games 5 & 6 were played. It was fun to see the breadth of support for the Raptors ("We the North") and can only imagine the happy pandemonium that would have taken place had they won in six.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yay Raptors! There were huge crowds across Canada cheering for the Raptors on the live broadcast of the games. I don't if Canadians need any boost to their egos but clearly people were happy. it's the biggest Canadian achievement in Basketball since Dr. Naismith invented it! Well maybe I have overlooked something? Bicyclist

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclist View Post
    Yay Raptors! There were huge crowds across Canada cheering for the Raptors on the live broadcast of the games. I don't if Canadians need any boost to their egos but clearly people were happy. it's the biggest Canadian achievement in Basketball since Dr. Naismith invented it! Well maybe I have overlooked something? Bicyclist
    Well said! I am coming in contact with Raptor fans who are still in a state of rapture. It seems that people needed a reason to celebrate and found it.

I see the Toronto fans indulged in a bout of celebratory mayhem that would have done credit to an American city.

Thread Information