Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: November Frugals!

We went to a beer tasting yesterday and I won a 50 gift certificate and my husband 10 to restaurants that we like.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We went to a beer tasting yesterday and I won a 50 gift certificate and my husband 10 to restaurants that we like.
    Congrats! Sounds like it was a fun time.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I am making my nephew a twin size quilt for Christmas completely out of my stash. No new fabric will be harmed, ahem, purchased, for this quilt!
    I acquired numerous "seconds" fleece scarves that were headed to the garbage. Donated a huge number of them and am making blankets out of the rest. 10 of them sewn together make a decent twin-size blanket.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Yppej
    SiouzQ I love your Amy Dacyczyn like calculation of cost per use. I touched up my red wallet with matching red nail polish where the leather was wearing off.

Happy, the homeless shelters always need scarves. I usually make a 100/year to donate.

Happy, the homeless shelters always need scarves. I usually make a 100/year to donate.
    I have fleece fabric that I need to use up. How do you make these scarves,TT?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Razz, I knit mine but I have seen fleece ones that people have sown. I would look for a pattern.

A bunch were already donated to the local shelters, etc. in our area. These were still "leftovers".

Thanks! It's so nice to hear about people giving. It's not the kind of activity that makes the news, but really should!

Socks are another item that the homeless can use. Not just for their feet, but they are used as gloves, wallets, carry-bags, etc. A very versatile item!!!

Dinner from the fridge: aging small flour tortilla, aging slice of deli ham, aging jack cheese, aging avocado and a bit of sour cream! I am STUFFED!

Just wanted to report that the dog beds I made from the memory foam mattress toppers are a huge hit with the dogs. I would do this again even if I had to buy the foam topper. The velour blanket cases are also a big hit.

Thread Information