Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking Truth to Glamour

Speaking Truth to Glamour

I didn’t see the Golden Globes, but someone sent me the text of Gervais’ remarks. Now I kind of wish I had seen it.

It’s not every day the Wokeocracy gets spoken to like that.

I am going to have to find some key clips.

I love Ricky Gervais so much that at one time my sig line here was something like “Ricky Gervais is my god.” Which is silly, but I was crushing pretty hard on his snarky give no fks persona.

Those of us on the reddit Succession board were whooping it up today. Winning best TV drama and best actor in a TV drama will bring more acclaim and viewers to the show.

The Globes production itself is far more interesting than the Oscars because they show both tv and film people and they have to move it along with all of those awards to give out. And then there is Gervais. But even with him, I wont sit thru the entire thing, I just look at You tube highlights.

I love Ricky but I winced at a few jabs. It was an odd GG but I was glad to see Succession pull a few. I had never heard of Fleabag and had to go put it in my Netflix.

I loved Ricky's schtick!! I watched the whole thing. I saw on Twitter that he said that he "had to be the person that shouldn't have been invited." He really pushed the envelope, but he was awesome.

I enjoyed the show.. it kept up a good pace. The clips were so much quicker than they are in the Oscars, and they really made the winners toe the line with the acceptance speeches (although there were some rebels, like Joaquin and Renee).

For those that missed it:

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That was great! Thanks for posting catherine.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I love Ricky but I winced at a few jabs. It was an odd GG but I was glad to see Succession pull a few. I had never heard of Fleabag and had to go put it in my Netflix.
    I enjoyed Fleabag. It has its cringy moments for sure, which I like.

I didn't watch but thanks for the clip! That was hilarious.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That’s hilarious! I didn’t watch it on tv.

Thanks for posting that catherine. It was hysterical!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I didn’t see the Golden Globes, but someone sent me the text of Gervais’ remarks. Now I kind of wish I had seen it.

It’s not every day the Wokeocracy gets spoken to like that.
    agreed that they don’t hear it often, so his 3 part bitch slap about

1) don’t stand up here and preach because 2) you know nothing of the outside world (and you have low weducwtionmlevels, all of you and 3) if Isis had a production company you’d all want to work for them

was strong but not excessive.

I have heard a couple of comedians theorize that Hollywood glitterati are deeply insecure because they know

1) they are there but for the grace of many other, equally talented people who never make it
    ...and that is why they are so shrill about victimology because they feel guilty

2) they can be replaced tomorrow

They work with the lighting guys and set builders and costume designers and cinematographers, people with real skills and knowledge, and they know those people are in demand and have job security because of what is in their brains, but actors—easy come, easy go.

Thread Information