• Yes hospitalized oxygen and ventilator

0 0%
  • Yes hospitalized no oxygen ventilator

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Had Covid?

Yppej

Have You Had Covid?

Here is a poll about your personal experience.

I meant to write "Maybe, was sick but before testing available" - but I don't know how to edit a poll to remove the word "not".

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Here is a poll about your personal experience.

I meant to write "Maybe, was sick but before testing available" - but I don't know how to edit a poll to remove the word "not".
    I fixed it for you.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

What is the point of this poll?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    What is the point of this poll?
    My guess is Yppej is trying to justify her beliefs and behaviors concerning ALL of COVID related issues based on the extremely limited population of this forum.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My guess is that the Russian Trolls and their uncritical followers are still having a fine time.

Yppej
    Thank you Alan.

No, I am being forced to conclude that Yppej still thinks the world is flat because she has not traveled to the edge and didn't fall off. All the planets must still rotate around the earth because she personally has not gone out into space to see.
    She does not believe any scientists, epidemiologists, caregivers around the world are smart or honest or capable of telling and knowing the truth about covid. Everyone in the world of science around the world has been and is lying.

Since I refuse to enable this kind of foolishness any longer and because this has been tolerated for too long on this Simple Living forum, it is time to refuse to respond. I will simply add an emoji like this - - to posts in every thread that persists in this nonsense.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

How would anyone even know for certain if they had or did not have covid without testing, given there are asymptomatic cases, especially before they started taking precautions.

Now maybe if it took till the second does to produce a strong vaccine response rather than the first shot that would tend to point to not having covid, that it was novel to the immune system. The first dose was nothing for me, just some arm pain, the second produced all body muscle aches. Maybe the fact that it was likely not widespread at that point would tend to point to not having covid early on. Bf was sick with something very early on 2020, he was taking forever to recover, and I was like "dude you need to improve your immune system", but I avoided him when he was sick because I don't like the common cold. I hate colds!! Ha, funny if he had the rona and I was all like "colds should not take so long to recover from, work on your health" back then. LOL. But we'll never know now will we.

But yea I'm a good example of prevalence of covid, worked from home the ENTIRE time until vaccinated except for a day or two. Went almost nowhere but the supermarket once a week, and then with an N95 on, nor do I even live in a hard hit poor area, it's all pretty middle class. I did see bf who worked in the office where people kept getting sick. So yea there's your representative sample. NOT
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    From the results so far we are a healthy bunch, as I suspected, likely without many of the underlying conditions that make a person susceptible to covid. What I didn't expect was that no one would have lost elderly parents to the pandemic (another thread). Maybe frugality plays a role too - as many of us don't spend much on health vices that could damage our immune systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    From the results so far we are a healthy bunch, as I suspected, likely without many of the underlying conditions that make a person susceptible to covid. What I didn't expect was that no one would have lost elderly parents to the pandemic (another thread). Maybe frugality plays a role too - as many of us don't spend much on health vices that could damage our immune systems.
    Well, except for the people who dropped off the forum because of frustration with this topic, like Tammy, who is a long-hauler.

And because we skew older, many of us no longer have elderly parents.

As far as health vices, I wasn't aware that some of us are to blame for contact with a deadly virus.

Jeppy, I'm with happystuff. I love you, but I have to back off this topic. I'm doing fine, despite being an "elderly" person who no one would miss if I died (other than my four kids and four grandkids and a wide circle of friends) thanks to strong State leadership, social distancing, and my mask-wearing diligence. YMMV.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information