Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The coming Trump rally covid spike

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So I see that 1) Herman Cain likely caught covid at the Tulsa event and is now in the hospital seriously sick after keeping up a full travel schedule and not isolating at all. And 2) trump is having another death rally, this time at Mt Rushmore. The governor has proudly proclaimed that they won’t be social distancing and masks will be optional.

I wonder if he’ll do a better job of attracting stupid people to attend tonight than he did in Oklahoma.
    I was at Mt Rushmore two weeks ago and was one of only a few folks wearing a mask. Trump had nothing to do with that.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Today I was out walking and passed a church in the neighborhood that appeared to be having a funeral or some type of gathering. There were at least 200 people, maybe more, the parking lot packed and folks just lined up to get in. This just doesn't happen here. At the risk of sounding racist, I will say it may be cultural phenomena at work here, because they looked to be primarily Pacific Islanders from the dress, very formal costuming.

But it surprised me and at the same time it was worrisome in regards to uptick among their community.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I was at Mt Rushmore two weeks ago and was one of only a few folks wearing a mask. Trump had nothing to do with that.
    Today, on the other hand, is an entirely different situation. I'm glad you aren't there today. I wouldn't want you to be the next Herman Cain.

We were happy to stop in a Kroger in a minority neighborhood and see almost every single person was wearing a mask and there was a large display of masks and sanitizer. Actually quite different from many of our white neighborhoods. However, it was quite crowded with early holiday weekend shoppers. We are just used to shopping at very odd hours.

Alan, you look like a bandit.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I bought myself a Stetson hat in Wyoming and have been considering taking up robbing stage coaches, but I haven't found one yet. Guess I came to the game a little late.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I don’t know if you’re planning on swinging through Georgia, but they set aside their law that bans conceal carry people wearing masks. During COVID-19 one can in fact wear a mask while carrying a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

I don’t know if you’re planning on swinging through Georgia, but they set aside their law that bans conceal carry people wearing masks. During COVID-19 one can in fact wear a mask while carrying a gun.
    I'll probably be home the middle of next week without getting to Georgia but I gotta admit wearing a mask hasn't stopped me from anything yet in the dozen or so states visited so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I wonder if he’ll do a better job of attracting stupid people to attend tonight than he did in Oklahoma.
    It looks like he attracted quite a few protesters who have blocked the entrance with vans chained together and tires removed or slashed. They appear to be white liberals so I'm assuming they're not BLM or Native American activists, just average white liberals showing their wokeness to each other.

I'm back in South Dakota now but on the other side of the state in Sioux Falls, I'm kinda wishing I had time to get back over there just to watch the festivities.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

I'm back in South Dakota now but on the other side of the state in Sioux Falls, I'm kinda wishing I had time to get back over there just to watch the festivities.
    Personally I wouldn't want to be near there. In addition to turning Indpendence Day into a divisive partisan political event in a way no other president before him has, they may well burn down the whole place. From what I've read back when they used to do fireworks there the fire brigade would spend the night running around squashing embers. Currently they're in the middle of a drought. What could possibly go wrong. Especially since I'm sure that with his insecurities he insisted on the biglyist fireworks display ever seen.

Thread Information