Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Student loan mayhem!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And if one extrapolates this out to the potentially millions of people who have a student loan golden handcuff but is not in a loan forgiveness program one could consider that this is possibly a societal problem because it prevents many/most of them from quiting their corporate soul sucking job to pursue their great entrepreneurial idea of perhaps a breakthrough in battery technology or medical technology or whatever. Maybe we need to be looking for a better way to finance higher education than loans. Or at least a different way of how we require repayment such as a flat percentage of income until paid off, regardless of what that income is.
    what steams me about the whole thing (as I said before) it that our politicians have been paid off
    by the finance industry and now people cant even discharge a SL by bankruptcy! we taxpayers will
    literally be paying off TRILLIONS of dollars worth of SL when people die with loans still on the books

Williamsmith
    Let's say I was just graduated college with a huge student loan debt. I know exactly what I would do. I would apply for as many credit cards as possible and move to a piece of property and live a self sufficient lifestyle cut off from all the trappings of the economic world and I would stick it to them by defaulting on my student loan. The student loan debt is not much different than being indentured servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Let's say I was just graduated college with a huge student loan debt. I know exactly what I would do. I would apply for as many credit cards as possible and move to a piece of property and live a self sufficient lifestyle cut off from all the trappings of the economic world and I would stick it to them by defaulting on my student loan. The student loan debt is not much different than being indentured servants.
    Of course, if you were to disclose your intentions during the application process you'd be turned down and, problem solved.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

We should just nationalize all the universities and colleges, and provide free education, room, board, and medical care to everyone for life.

I have all sorts of Ph.Ds I'd love to work on.

Make sure to keep those checks coming in on time, Alan! We're counting on you!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    We should just nationalize all the universities and colleges, and provide free education, room, board, and medical care to everyone for life.
    Just like prison?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Just like prison?
    Same Same!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    You guys forgot the free hormone therapy for sex change inmates.......

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Just like prison?
    But we've been privatizing the prisons...

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Didn't you disclose recently that you'd borrowed something like $170,000? You did know you'd have to pay it back didn't you?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    +1
    Yppej:

I like you. You are rather sporting.

Thread Information