Thread: Eggplant Galore

Yppej

Eggplant Galore

Someone gave me a big box of eggplants, 3 spoiled already but maybe 3 dozen still good. So they wouldn't spoil I roasted them all today. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do with them? Baba gannoush maybe?

Eggplant lasagna? Are these the usual big ones? You can stuff them, generally with meat.
    Here's a Thai-inspired recipe that sounds good: http://myheartbeets.com/thai-eggplant-green-curry/

That's a lot of eggplant. Maybe freeze the slices. If it was closer to Easter, you could paint them and put them as gifts in baskets.

Yppej
    I like the lasagna idea, and the other recipe I might be able to modify to be vegetarian. I have not prepared Easter baskets since I was in sixth grade. You are taking me back in time Sandy. Thank you both.

Eggplant Parmesan is really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Eggplant Parmesan is really good too.
    I've made eggplant parmesan (baked the breaded pieces instead of frying), and then layer them with sauce and mozzarella and parmesan like lasagna.

I would definitely look for Asian recipes; I'm sure there are many, particularly Indian ones, that are vegan.

Maybe puree the whole lot of them and freeze in quart containers for soup? I tend to fry eggplant, as that is only way we ate it growing up.

Yppej
    I will definitely do eggplant parm. My soups never turn out, but I had some this morning mixed in with scrambled eggs. Frying is my default mode for most foods too.

Thread Information