Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting, multiple fatalities

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    George Zimmerman, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, he could have easily been beaten to death if not for the right and ability to possess the means of effective self defense. [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Or enough common sense to not start trouble where trouble doesn't currently exist. He would have survived either way, and if he'd gone the common sense route he wouldn't have had to murder someone.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    You're right. It refers to citizens, whether a yahoo or not.
    Yes, he could have easily been beaten to death if not for the right and ability to possess the means of effective self defense. [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    are you serious? The kid was walking home from a store and he was stalked. He has had a long list of run ins with the law since then. Maybe you should rethink your opinion of St. George.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    are you serious? The kid was walking home from a store and he was stalked. He has had a long list of run ins with the law since then. Maybe you should rethink your opinion of St. George.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman
    What is my opinion of "St. George"? I don't think I've ever expressed one.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

You’re the one that presented him as the posterchild for why we need the second amendment. To many of us zimmerman appears more to be the posterchild for why common sense is a useful survival skill and exactly what’s wrong with the second amendment. Personally i dont think the amendment should protect people who made stupid decisions that put themselves needlessly at harm.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You’re the one that presented him as the posterchild for why we need the second amendment. To many of us zimmerman appears more to be the posterchild for why common sense is a useful survival skill and exactly what’s wrong with the second amendment. Personally i dont think the amendment should protect people who made stupid decisions that put themselves needlessly at harm.
    I hope that if you feel I've ever disrespected you that doesn't trigger your need to beat me to death, but if you do, I hope it's still legal for me to protect myself.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Don’t worry. Unlike Zimmerman, if you’re Walking around my neighborhood looking sketchy i’ll keep my distance and let the responsible adults take care of the situation as was suggested in his case. Hopefully no one will die.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I hope that if you feel I've ever disrespected you that doesn't trigger your need to beat me to death, but if you do, I hope it's still legal for me to protect myself.
    I think you are toying with us on this very serious matter of innocent children being slaughtered.

I think you are toying with us on this very serious matter of innocent children being slaughtered.
    Well, if you consider attempts to introduce reason to emotional arguments as 'toying', then yes, I guess I am.

Innocent? In how many of these school shooting cases, were targets, ones that had bullied the shooter? (I think they bear some responsibility as well, as the shooter)
    Well, if you consider attempts to introduce reason to emotional arguments as 'toying', then yes, I guess I am.
    This is the crux of the whole thing, reason verses emotional thought. They mix like oil and water.

LOL, I think the only thing that makes it hard is all the effort put into interpreting what it clearly says to make it mean something else. Who knew the Commerce Clause, containing just 16 words, could be interpreted to give the Federal Government unlimited authority over all things economic?

One reason why I wish there was one language in this country. Not a lack of a national one, plug legalese, as well as others.
    Reminds me of this old sketch:

Thread Information