Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look like obstruction of justice charges for Trump.....

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    He doesn't smile or joke much because he has (as far as I've been able to tell), absolutely no sense of humor--a characteristic I watch for and avoid, when possible.

The media are doing their jobs, finally.

I agree he didn't want the job. Maybe the Russians coerced him into running, and greased his skids for their own reasons. Between the Russians and the righties micromanaging his proclamations and appointments, it's no wonder he doesn't get much sleep.
    well, humor is hghly subjective.

I think the Prez jokes around often and even though his jokes often fall flat, he is a comic in his own mind. Sometimes he makes me laugh. The most recent time was all of the hoopla about his first 100 days and he said something like "hey lets rate the media on Their first 100 day.s" A small quip, but funny.

actually, I have been thinking about this, and I would use as a yardstick Trump's jokes to gauge an objective Point of View from someone else. If smeone like you never finds any of his intended jokes funny, then i know that you will never be objective about Trump issues.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    well, humor is hghly subjective.

I think the Prez jokes around often and even though his jokes often fall flat, he is a comic in his own mind. Sometimes he makes me laugh. The most recent time was all of the hoopla about his first 100 days and he said something like "hey lets rate the media on Their first 100 day.s" A small quip, but funny.

actually, I have been thinking about this, and I would use as a yardstick Trump's jokes to gauge an objective Point of View from someone else. If smeone like you never finds any of his intended jokes funny, then i know that you will never be objective about Trump issues.
    No, I'll never be objective about Trump. But I've honestly never heard him say anything remotely humorous--and I used to watch The Apprentice, so I've had enough exposure to him. That comment about the press sounds like his usual whiny, self-centered complaints about the media being unfair! to poor little Donny.

I was no fan of GW Bush, but I caught glimpses of his sense of humor, though perhaps they were scripted. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    He doesn't smile or joke much because he has (as far as I've been able to tell), absolutely no sense of humor--a characteristic I watch for and avoid, when possible.
    That's a common trait of a narcissist.

Yep.....I agree with that. He's too serious about defending his own reality to have any room for humor. And some of his attempts at humor end up causing problems.

I think American political humor (and maybe American humor in general) has been in decline since at least the turn of the century. All the TV clowns except maybe Fallon seem to have joined "the resistance". I feel like if I'm not being scolded, I'm being lectured to by a substitute social studies teacher.

Same for the pols. I don't think I've laughed at a debate since Cheney/Lieberman in 2000.

One can only hope that this scandal keeps the Repubs occupied as Rob mentioned so they can stay away from the ACA, Medicare, Medicaid, SS, etc. I think the less that gets done the better at this point. Maybe he will have a breakdown and run out of the WH screaming

I wonder if he will eventually move out of the country to one of his towers somewhere else.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I wonder if he will eventually move out of the country to one of his towers somewhere else.
    Better yet, I wish he'd encounter a time warp and end out in a galaxy long, long ago and far, far away.......Rob

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Better yet, I wish he'd encounter a time warp and end out in a galaxy long, long ago and far, far away.......Rob
    So your wanting to fund NASA more for manned expeditions?

As now, as a president, he is entitled to lifetime healthcare and Secret Service protections.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    So your wanting to fund NASA more for manned expeditions?

As now, as a president, he is entitled to lifetime healthcare and Secret Service protections.
    Too Much Stuff - I didn't mean this line literally so no worries about NASA funding - my line was meant as a combo of sarcasm and 85006 humor. That's all. And as to my Star Wars reference, RIP Carrie Fischer. Rob

Thread Information