Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 what films are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post

Spoiler alert.......maybe..
    I think the real spoiler here is there is an 'ant' at the end of that 'Account'. Maybe the hit man is an entomologist? No, that would be an exterminator.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Hmmm....I thought I posted this, but can't find it anywhere.

Spoiler alert.......maybe.

We watched "The Account". I didn't realize it was going to be so violent. I thought it was a bit unbelievable. And it was curious at the end, where they sort of reminded people of how austistic people can be really smart too. So......can we assume that an autistic person can hope to be a really good hit man?? So.......I didn't care for it much.
    I thought the lesson was that a really good accountant can also be an excellent hitman, the apptitude and skillset overlap. They can also collect cool art.

Ldahl? You got a comment here?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think the real spoiler here is there is an 'ant' at the end of that 'Account'. Maybe the hit man is an entomologist? No, that would be an exterminator.
    oops.......typo alert! haha

Hmmm....I thought I posted this, but can't find it anywhere.

Spoiler alert.......maybe.

We watched "The Account". I didn't realize it was going to be so violent. I thought it was a bit unbelievable. And it was curious at the end, where they sort of reminded people of how austistic people can be really smart too. So......can we assume that an autistic person can hope to be a really good hit man?? So.......I didn't care for it much.
    Aspergers is in the Autism spectrum and those with it, do function in society. As said by probably the most famous Autism speaker, it is a spectrum....

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Aspergers is in the Autism spectrum and those with it, do function in society. As said by probably the most famous Autism speaker, it is a spectrum....
    Yes, I know about Temple Grandin.......very intelligent. But I thought it inappropriate to try to have a serious conversation about autism after this type of show.

I could put on the rant thread or on this thread. The I MDB discussion boards are closing in a few days. This is bad. those boards are where I get good insight into films. I don't know another discussion board that is like them.

hoping to go see Jackie this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I could put on the rant thread or on this thread. The I MDB discussion boards are closing in a few days. This is bad. those boards are where I get good insight into films. I don't know another discussion board that is like them.
    Saw that two days ago. While I never signed up for it, I certainly used it (found most things I needed answered, without asking).
    The way I read it, makes it sound as if it is disappearing completely (no future searching).

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Saw that two days ago. While I never signed up for it, I certainly used it (found most things I needed answered, without asking).
    The way I read it, makes it sound as if it is disappearing completely (no future searching).
    All of my wonderfully thoightful.and deep IMdB posts will disappear, never to be rad again.

Haha, not,that big of a deal, but I,WILL miss the film discussions. Our local arwa film chat board is pretty much useless. There are 3-4 people,who like film and quality tv shows, and the rest want to discuss The same things over and over.

I just saw the movie Room. Wow. Very moving; I felt just about every emotion you can feel watching a movie. The young boy in it was amazing.

Thread Information