Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Your take on shortages/supply chain disruptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Right now the freedom of the unvaccinated is coming out on top because we're still having to wear masks to protect them rather than them taking responsibility for their own health.
    Jeppy: I don't wear masks to protect the unvaccinated. I do it in the hopes of limiting the ability of the virus to spread and mutate, so it's ultimately about my own self interest. I have a couple of very dear friends who are anti-vaxxers, but I don't spend too much mental energy worry about protecting them if they won't take the basic precautions to protect themselves.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Jeppy: I don't wear masks to protect the unvaccinated. I do it in the hopes of limiting the ability of the virus to spread and mutate, so it's ultimately about my own self interest. I have a couple of very dear friends who are anti-vaxxers, but I don't spend too much mental energy worry about protecting them if they won't take the basic precautions to protect themselves.
    It's going to spread and mutate anyways because we allow international travel via air - and I heard on the news land travel from Canada and Mexico will now be allowed as well. Masks are not going to stop variants, vaccinating the rest of the world will - to a degree. But the virus will eventually figure out a way to evade that too, just as we have antibiotic resistant bacteria. You can try fighting nature but you're probably going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I would maintain that hope even in the absence of Covid.

I think vaccines are a good idea. But I think individual choice is also a good idea, even if some people make poor choices. I also think that where mandates are necessary they should be made at the lowest level possible. Not by presidents trying to revive faltering approval ratings.
    BUT Covid will make it so you may not even be able get into the hospital because all beds are already filled with unvaccinated people... as is happening all over the country.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    BUT Covid will make it so you may not even be able get into the hospital because all beds are already filled with unvaccinated people... as is happening all over the country.
    Fact check - the hospitals are full due to elective surgeries that people postponed due to the pandemic, and due to people getting caught up on screenings for things like cancer that necessitate surgeries, and due to loss of medical staff due to vaccine mandates.

This hospital in Maine has suspended pediatric and trauma admissions because so many nurses quit over vaccine mandates:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...833B6718401H6A

THE HOSPITALS ARE NOT FULL DUE TO COVID PATIENTS, UNVACCINATED OR OTHERWISE.

In Massachusetts the longest nurses strike in state history is also a factor, eliminating 111 beds from use.

Facts matter.

It's going to spread and mutate anyways because we allow international travel via air
    You realize the US requires a negative covid test within 3 days of flight for incoming passengers?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    You realize the US requires a negative covid test within 3 days of flight for incoming passengers?
    Because those last two days you can't catch or spread any germs, so the third day before is fine. Especially since international flights depart from, have transfers through, and land in congested urban areas where there are lots of people. It's a recipe for success!

And tests are always accurate and perfect! Yay hip hip hooray!

Delta, Lambda, Mu and other variants didn't enter the US via airplanes. They swam across the ocean. Drain the oceans! Save the homeland!

I suppose if one considers that more than half of republicans in both congressional chambers refused to state publicly that they’d been vaccinated last spring, several have made false statements about vaccine safety, at least one Republican house member has compared the vaccine efforts to nazi germany, and multiple Republican congressional folks shrieked in horror at the idea of volunteers going door to door in an attempt to discuss why they are hesitant about vaccines and even more sober republicans like mitt Romney refused to call out the disinformation being spread by conservative media outlets then sure, republicans have been doing a great job at encouraging vaccination.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    then sure, republicans have been doing a great job at encouraging vaccination.
    My Republican governor forced everyone to sign up via a website that kept crashing and wouldn't let community organizations that had invested in special freezers for the vaccines have any. He forced everyone to go to intimidating for elderly mass vaccination sites like Fenway Park in downtown Boston. He put prison inmates ahead of people with type 1 diabetes.

Fortunately over time things got better no thanks to him. We are the second best in the nation after Vermont in having received a first dose no thanks to the dictator, but thanks to the persistence of ordinary people in seeking out shots.

But it's never good enough and we can't celebrate our successes. Instead we must be punished with masks by unelected fanatics on Boards of Health.

- Benadryl 50mg
    - Haldol 5mg
    - Ativan 2mg

Take IM as needed, sometimes works better than ice cream.

Yppej
    And our hero is now a doctor too!

Thread Information