Page 240 of 601 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Did I ever mention that the 'ignore' button is a wonderful thing?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I am tired of the constant blabber from radio about coronavirus infection rate going up.. It seems like every person put in front of the microphone has to remind us all of it and wear a mask and dont gather outside of your pod and etc etc. New records of new cases! New records of this! New records of that!

As though we don't already know about it.

Well, I suppose since the trump threat has now been reduced, they have this new single issue to scream about endlessly.

Please note I am not arguing the threat of Covid, I am arguing the single-minded blasting message of radio ( and likely other medias)

So many times media over-does it and we as listeners become immune to their message to the point of considering it bunk.

Iris, maybe you should simply turn off the tv and radio for a few days. Just a suggestion. I don't feel smothered by the messages at all, but I'm not plugged in all. the. time. How much time are you giving of your life over to the media?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Iris, maybe you should simply turn off the tv and radio for a few days. Just a suggestion. I don't feel smothered by the messages at all, but I'm not plugged in all. the. time. How much time are you giving of your life over to the media?
    Radio is on in our house for a couple of hours in the morning. As background of course. Not my choice. This morning, between Ads for whatever and Covid Covid Covid, the show had a local law school professor assess the supreme court’s hearing of the AC?a. His low, sonorous voice was soothing and also enlightening.

And then, after radio a.m. I will occasionally turn on Rush to hear his middle hour which I believe is best because he saves the best for that hour. And then, I even more occasionally, when in the car at 3 pm, will listen to Libertarian radio ( Dave Glover).

I do not watch tv news.

My neighbor is flying a Belarus flag in solidarity with the rebels, and I was annoyed with myself for having no freaking clue what that is about, even tho it borders my next .european trip. I may have to follow what Tradd is doing and listen to world news and not thru NP?r because I am sure their Covid Covid Covid news is as relentless.

Another positive about the BBC is there are NO commercials (aside from promos for their own programs). It’s wonderful.

12K new cases in IL for the past 24 hours. IL and Chicago have both issued stay at home advisories for the next 30 days.

Asking people to again work from home if they can.

Heard on the radio the state of IA has a 50% positivity rate.

I wish Al Jazeera were still on the air; they had relatively few commercials and next to no pointless puff pieces. Fortunately, I can still find them on line.

Last I looked, there were maybe one or two states that weren't surging. The middle of the country is having all kinds of problems keeping up with the virus, particularly as it comes to staffing, and PPE, naturally, is becoming a problem again. Tell me again why we aren't manufacturing it?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    ..., and PPE, naturally, is becoming a problem again. Tell me again why we aren't manufacturing it?
    Freedumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Freedumb.
    Depressing. We should be knee-deep in masks, gloves, face shields, etc. by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    12K new cases in IL for the past 24 hours. IL and Chicago have both issued stay at home advisories for the next 30 days.

Asking people to again work from home if they can.

Heard on the radio the state of IA has a 50% positivity rate.
    My brother is a respiratory therapist at the major hospital in Des Moines.

Thread Information