Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyed in the wool Midwesterner?

Dyed in the wool Midwesterner?

You ever have one of those watershed moments where so much intellectually, emotionally, and even culturally comes together in your mind and reveals something to you?

Late last night I thought (and felt) this: "Maybe I am just a dyed in the wool Midwestern guy."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    You ever have one of those watershed moments where so much intellectually, emotionally, and even culturally comes together in your mind and reveals something to you?

Late last night I thought (and felt) this: "Maybe I am just a dyed in the wool Midwestern guy."
    I lived out West a few years. Ugh, cannot do desert. That eliminates about 1/3 of the country.

I am a Midwesterner. I must have seasons. That eliminates another, what, 1/5th of the country?

some the of PNW is attractive but there are so many rainy days! Ugh.

while I love the topography and other natural places where winter is hard in the ipper midwest, I will not live North of Interstate Highway 80 having been there/done that. That eliminates another large chunk of the country, but I feel affinity for them who live there! They are hardyMidwesterners!

I think there are many things I would like about New England
    but there are some fearsome winters there.

i am not rich enough to live in San Francisco. If I were, I would throw out all of the issues above.

I briefly lived in New England. It was okay. I lived in Arizona for a couple years. The lack of water gave me anxiety. I lived in the South for almost 5 years and they did not like me all that much down there.

I have not been to the PNW yet, or the west coast. So who knows, maybe I would fit in there.

But I am begrudgingly admitting to myself that I might just be a Midwestern guy with many Midwestern sensibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I briefly lived in New England. It was okay. I lived in Arizona for a couple years. The lack of water gave me anxiety. I lived in the South for almost 5 years and they did not like me all that much down there.

I have not been to the PNW yet, or the west coast. So who knows, maybe I would fit in there.

But I am begrudgingly admitting to myself that I might just be a Midwestern guy with many Midwestern sensibilities.
    I see no downside to being a Midwestern person.

Most of the midwestern woolen mills have closed, but Faribault carries on (since 1865).

http://www.faribaultmill.com/pages/our-story/

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I see no downside to being a Midwestern person.
    I agree. I love Midwesterners.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...on-by-city.php

"some the of PNW is attractive but there are so many rainy days! Ugh.
    "

Seattle has 37.7 inches of rainfall to St. Louis's 41. We're here, if you ever want to emigrate!

I don't know what a Midwesterner is by definition?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...on-by-city.php

"some the of PNW is attractive but there are so many rainy days! Ugh.
    "

Seattle has 37.7 inches of rainfall to St. Louis's 41. We're here, if you ever want to emigrate!
    But it is overcast so many days there. Our rains are more productive—thunderstorms that drop lots pf precipitation, then the skies open up to sun. PNW skies are constipated with the precip, can barely push out raindrops.

Haha or at least thats how
    I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I don't know what a Midwesterner is by definition?
    Well for one, you live in one of these states or have a state of mind of one of these states:

Attachment 2803

Thread Information