Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Cruise to Key West, Cuba, and Port Canaveral

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Well, to that point, there are members of the 1% Club that agree that they pay too much.

And there's Chuck Collins who wrote Born on Third Base. And there's the economist Thomas Piketty, who is not a member of the 1%, but whose analysis of wealth inequality posits that extreme inequality is simply bad for everyone.
    Those who think they should pay more may always do so, there is nothing to stop them from writing checks to the gubmnt.
    If they think Nanny G does an exemplary job of distributing their spare cash, go for it I say! Just dont, bill gates, speak for other mega billionaires on the planet. You, bill, get to speak for YOU and only YOU.

personally,
    i like it when the 1% and the 5% and even the 10% get to exercise largesse by supporting charitable institutions they value close to home. Us local folks working the events appreciate it when the local tycoons show up at park fundraisers, library galas, and etc. —makes us feel valued.

one-size-fits-all federal gubmnt solutions, delivered impersonally by bureaucrats who may or ir may not be competent, is not the way to my heart.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Many people, even the children of working class republicans have massive student debt. Having effected them directly, these republicans care enough now to support PSLF.
    It's affected not effected, I guess grammar wasn't part of your expensive education, or reading comprehension. You thought I earn 29K.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It has nothing to do with forced equal outcomes. It has everything to do with taking care of the most vulnerable members of society such as children and the elderly. It is not letting people go hungry or be homeless. It is providing health care for all. You still have rich , middle and the poor but providing a few basic necessities is not a bad thing. Personally I do not mind paying taxes and expect to pay accordingly.
    UL is not vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It's affected not effected, I guess grammar wasn't part of your expensive education, or reading comprehension. You thought I earn 29K.
    Well, picking on my grammar and a simple reading mistake is probably your last refuge as you have been rhetorically spanked by me on here time and time again throughout this entire debate.

UL is not vulnerable.
    Says an apparent expert on vulnerability.

Here is a pic from the trip.

IMG_0083.jpg

WOW ... don’t you think you are superior or important? Not.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    WOW ... don’t you think you are superior or important? Not.
    Yppej looks down on under educated semi-literate schlubs.

Yppej looks down on under educated semi-literate schlubs.
    Just consider the source. BTW .... who cares what others think. Do what is important to you and ignore those who are jealous!

Yppej
    Yes, I admit it. So what? I am better.... I am better than a lot of people.
    I will let UL's words speak for themselves.

Thread Information