Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ad promoting IL abortion rights to attract businesses

I’m certainly not breathing a sigh of relief. The only good that may come
    out of this is that all the people who thought ‘oh, the republicans will never succeed in overturning roe v wade’ may actually reassess that thought. Even on this site we had had people poo poo’ing the idea that the handmaiden and justice mcbeer would move quickly to ignore precedent on abortion. Yet here we are not even a year later.

Just as people will be forced to reassess the ‘January 6th and the evil of trump was an aberration’ will have to reassess considering that the sad sack loser Larry elder has already baselessly claimed voter fraud in our recall election today before the votes have even been counted. In my perfect world the republicans would look at the fact that their policy ideas are not even remotely popular and adjust course. But they have chosen to go down a different, sad route of baselessly denying the legitimacy of elections and preventing people who disagree with them from voting. Because they hate America that bad. Eff them and the horse they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    oh right!
    {GeorgeParker emits an undignified giggle}

Most late term abortions were wanted babies that have a condition in which they will die a few months after birth but suffer greatly before dying. They are heartbreaking situations. People don’t abort for frivolous reasons at that point. It’s a medical decision a woman and her doctor make. My mom was very religious but always said if men got pregnant abortion would be a god given right.

It’s a way to control women if you take away reproductive rights. It’s always the people that want to make it illegal that cry the loudest about poor people having kids they can’t afford and social programs. Birth control isn’t cheap if you don’t have insurance and it fails sometimes. I had a friend that was raped in a hotel room and became pregnant with twins. Thankfully she had a choice. That’s what all women need is a opportunity to make their own decisions.

My sister used to be raped by her husband so that she would get pregnant, so that he could sell off the children to support their life of crime. I believe I recounted this horror story here in the past. Sometimes when they would get arrested, she'd manage to get an abortion while in custody. I have 3 nieces and nephews that vanished that way. 23andme has located two of them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Abortion - only if the woman is pregnant and doesn't want to be
    Euthanasia - only if quality of life sucks and person doesn't want to live any longer
    Just call me Rosa Kevorkian if you like.
    Mom frequently says she wishes she could just take a pill, and I tell her that if it were that easy, I would lovingly give her the pill with her beverage of choice, and I would. I offered to look into taking her to Switzerland a few years ago (Dignitas), but she was hesitant, so I didn't pursue it. I think that would have been the kindest possible act of love I could ever offer.
    Have you John Cleesed her?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, transgender and nonbinary folks may find themselves in this situation...
    I think we are quite a ways away yet, from biological males, having female sex organs transplanted and having the ability to have a child. However, if your referring to the female that was taking steroids and was planning on becoming a male, that got pregnant because the spouse was infertile, then you are closer to accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I like the feature where you have to carry your rapist's child to term. That's so special.
    My grandfather was brought to term, because there was no safe and effective abortion, and the DIY methods failed his mother (raped by her owner, then abandoned, did try to self abort). When the nuns did their trying to set up unwed mothers with husbands, well in his case, he was horsewhipped to get the evil out of him. Abortion may be a better idea then some of the families out there, IMHE.
    I know I wouldn't be here, if safe/legal abortion had been capable or even an option. I also know we view so much in the way of money, I actually responded to a local survey on things like abortion, the death penalty, food stamps, etc. etc. by asking about the financial costs, as we already believe in death, since we have the death penalty, suicide is legal in most cases (attempted/failing, is illegal), legal abortion, etc.

Between the abortion thing and the murder rate, I could see how Chicago might be attractive to companies looking to cull the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Between the abortion thing and the murder rate, I could see how Chicago might be attractive to companies looking to cull the herd.

Here are three op-eds from the NYT I just read this morning:

"Abortion Has Never Been About Abortion."

At a time when open racism was becoming unfashionable, these politicians needed a more high-minded issue, one that would not compel them to surrender their fundamental political orientation. And of course the beauty of defending a fetus is that the fetus demands nothing in return — housing, health care, education — so it’s a fairly low-risk advocacy.

And Slogans Don't Save Lives:

Chicago is on pace this year to have the most homicides in a quarter-century, with at least 60 people shot, seven fatally, last weekend alone.

And the third, "When Whites Just Don't Get It"

• The net worth of the average black household in the United States is $6,314, compared with $110,500 for the average white household, according to 2011 census data. The gap has worsened in the last decade, and the United States now has a greater wealth gap by race than South Africa did during apartheid. (Whites in America on average own almost 18 times as much as blacks; in South Africa in 1970, the ratio was about 15 times.)
    The black-white income gap is roughly 40 percent greater today than it was in 1967.

• A black boy born today in the United States has a life expectancy five years shorter than that of a white boy.

• Black students are significantly less likely to attend schools offering advanced math and science courses than white students. They are three times as likely to be suspended and expelled, setting them up for educational failure.

• Because of the catastrophic experiment in mass incarceration, black men in their 20s without a high school diploma are more likely to be incarcerated today than employed, according to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research. Nearly 70 percent of middle-aged black men who never graduated from high school have been imprisoned.

Bottom line: These issues of equality, racial or otherwise, and socio-economics, and access to abortion are interestingly all related. And basically the relationship is about who holds the power.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Here are three op-eds from the NYT I just read this morning:

"Abortion Has Never Been About Abortion."

At a time when open racism was becoming unfashionable, these politicians needed a more high-minded issue, one that would not compel them to surrender their fundamental political orientation. And of course the beauty of defending a fetus is that the fetus demands nothing in return — housing, health care, education — so it’s a fairly low-risk advocacy.

And Slogans Don't Save Lives:

Chicago is on pace this year to have the most homicides in a quarter-century, with at least 60 people shot, seven fatally, last weekend alone.

And the third, "When Whites Just Don't Get It"

• The net worth of the average black household in the United States is $6,314, compared with $110,500 for the average white household, according to 2011 census data. The gap has worsened in the last decade, and the United States now has a greater wealth gap by race than South Africa did during apartheid. (Whites in America on average own almost 18 times as much as blacks; in South Africa in 1970, the ratio was about 15 times.)
    The black-white income gap is roughly 40 percent greater today than it was in 1967.

• A black boy born today in the United States has a life expectancy five years shorter than that of a white boy.

• Black students are significantly less likely to attend schools offering advanced math and science courses than white students. They are three times as likely to be suspended and expelled, setting them up for educational failure.

• Because of the catastrophic experiment in mass incarceration, black men in their 20s without a high school diploma are more likely to be incarcerated today than employed, according to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research. Nearly 70 percent of middle-aged black men who never graduated from high school have been imprisoned.

Bottom line: These issues of equality, racial or otherwise, and socio-economics, and access to abortion are interestingly all related. And basically the relationship is about who holds the power.
    And it’s clear who holds the power in our most wretched, crime-ridden cities. The party who believes everything comes down to race.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    And it’s clear who holds the power in our most wretched, crime-ridden cities. The party who believes everything comes down to race.
    It's also clear who holds the power in our most wretched disease filled states. The party who believes in the hollow slogan of personal responsibility.

And who holds the power in TX? Those who put a cluster of non-sentient cells secondary to the welfare of women--disproportionately poor. And who, while talking about the "sanctity of life" will torture animals in feedlots and take an eye for an eye for criminal offenses and exploit workers in the name of free enterprise. Sanctimonius hypocrisy.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information