Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where do you draw the line and put your health first?

[QUOTE=gimmethesimplelife;300131

I personally find these days very trying....something about the families being separated at the border struck me viscerally at a level I'm not often struck at. This won't be going away or healing soon but I can keep myself working and keep my home life up and my faith up. As I heal I can reintegrate other issues into my life but right now I need to stand back for a breather........Rob[/QUOTE]

It has struck me too, and partially because I always thought there was a point where the differing sides could come together and just say no. However people in my family are supporting this, at least supporting that we shouldn't be picking on Trump anymore. It really scares me, and heck I just had a breakdown so I recommend taking care of yourself of course.

Devon’s, will probably adopt out the kids. Although, they are probably getting richer warehousing the kids.

Well, I am looking at quitting, as putting my health first since I have been working 65 hours a week for 5, and now am on 80 hours a week, with the expectation that I may be asked to work an extra 30 on top of that next week.
    Lost a full time person, who tried to get the owners to retire and give him the place (stepkid). Then one of the owners went down for medical, leaving me and the somewhat disabled co owner to run the place with part time help (that are working full time and not happy about it). That owner is going down (own medical issues), and they are putting me potentially in that same shape or HIGH risk of heart attack (been feeling chest issues today, due to stress).
    I need to try to make it to Monday, because we may have to close.

In 1977, my husband's job required him to work 6 months without one single day off. Long story about a financial package installation. He made a lot of money but it was not worth his health and there was no end in sight. We jumped at a chance and moved across the country to get away from that job.

The key here was the no end in sight. Short term pain for long term gain is doable. But the treadmill is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post

The key here was the no end in sight. Short term pain for long term gain is doable. But the treadmill is a killer.
    Absolutely. One day, after being on that treadmill for months with no end in sight, I found myself crying at my desk for no reason, so I quit the next week.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    In 1977, my husband's job required him to work 6 months without one single day off. Long story about a financial package installation. He made a lot of money but it was not worth his health and there was no end in sight. We jumped at a chance and moved across the country to get away from that job.

I understand that. Years ago, I worked two jobs, seven days a week, for 362 days a year (off Christmas day, Thanksgiving and Easter), but it was less work as there was some down time. Did my thirteen hour day today, and back at 7am tomorrow for the 14 hour one.

Thread Information