Page 151 of 241 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2401

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see that the day after the President pronounced “There is no there there” (No doubt Gertrude Stein is grimacing in the Great Beyond) the FBI found a fourth batch of mislaid secrets at one of his houses.
    I have begun to wonder if it's common for other high level officials to take these sorts of documents home and they could be everywhere. I've not really heard a reasonable explanation why anyone would take them out of a secure area and then just forget about them.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I call it a sign of progress that politicians lie about being Jewish bankers to help their electoral chances. It makes lying about having been a truck driver seem quaintly outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I have begun to wonder if it's common for other high level officials to take these sorts of documents home and they could be everywhere. I've not really heard a reasonable explanation why anyone would take them out of a secure area and then just forget about them.
    Back in the day, I would have been shredded and pulped for mishandling classified material. They liked to make the occasional example to drive the point home.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I call it a sign of progress that politicians lie about being Jewish bankers to help their electoral chances. It makes lying about having been a truck driver seem quaintly outdated.
    True. Although that is counteracted by the fact that republicans have so normalized lying, as Kevin McCarthy admitted last week, that they no longer think it’s a bad thing.

Biden REQUESTED his home be searched for any other documents unlike his predecessor. Makes one wonder if some documents were planted? The timing seems too coincidental. If nothing else, it shows Biden wants to be in compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Biden REQUESTED his home be searched for any other documents unlike his predecessor. Makes one wonder if some documents were planted? The timing seems too coincidental. If nothing else, it shows Biden wants to be in compliance.
    That's quite a stretch isn't it?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Hardly. I put nothing past trump.

If someone wanted to plant them, I wonder how they got into the locked garage where he keeps his corvette.

Assuming there is no big conspiracy or clandestine operations, he needs to fess up, say he was wrong, explain why the documents were in his possession, and apologize. That would be the honorable thing to do.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Time will tell.
    The news reports say that some of the documents were from Biden's senate and VP days, some with hand written notes from the day. So that's pretty much before anything Trump. It did cross my mind that Trump had top secret documents in his residence so he could plant them in the Biden residence. Democrats need a Hanity to propagate conspiracies and raise suspicions. Biden's integrity has been diminished in my eyes from this. I think he is just going to ignore it rather than offer the public some sort of explanation, apology or excuse.

Thread Information