Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

The Mueller Report was hampered by the united front Trump and his stonewalling henchmen presented, even though--is it six of them?--have been convicted now. It really is like a crime family.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    you dont read much around here, eh? LDahl is a prime representation of a Never Trumper. I think his words have great value for that reason.

But to answer jp’s question, NO, the Prez may not use my resources for personal gain. I am the one who owns all of those goodies called “foreign aid” not him.
    LDAHL says he is not a trump fan but his words jive with trump most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And there you go, wanting to “codify “integrity with laws. good luck with that.
    Integrity and law should be synonymous. Obviously, not by the current adminstration's standards, however.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Can’t I have as little use for Trump abusing his office for political gain as I do House Democrats abusing theirs for political gain?
    trump is not just abusing his office just for political gain but personal gain (wealth) as well. It will be interesting to see his tax returns. And, yes, I believe this will rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors ... see Hatch Act.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    As did Joe Biden. I think when we become so selective in our outrage we ultimately erode respect for the law.
    Explain. When did Biden do a dastardly act?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think the request to interview the whistleblower comes from the desire to see how much involvement Mr Schiff's office had in identifying and encouraging a person willing to initiate an official inquiry based upon things they heard from a friend who heard from a friend, for the continuing purpose of invalidating an election.

All they needed was someone willing to say they heard something through the grapevine and then they could manipulate public opinion through a willing press and a large percentage of the population willing to believe gossip as proof. Public opinion is not enough to secure a victory in the impeachment process but it will be invaluable in the next election. That is the point. The question is will it succeed?

Edited to add: I see the Washington Post has gotten ahead of this question by publishing a whistleblower timeline detailing his/her thought processes, motivations, conversations with friends and steps taken to complete the process of blowing the whistle. It occurs to me that if the whistleblower has provided interviews to the press, he/she should also be available for questioning under oath.

Unfortunately, the story I linked is behind a paywall and I could only read another sources highlights.
    Now an "ear witness" so the whistleblower is a mute point.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    When I hear "whistle blower" I think of Karen Silkwood. It's obvious to me why protections exist for these brave souls. Naturally, there are always powerful people who want to continue their dirty deeds unmolested.

Deep Throat's identity wasn't revealed for years after he passed information along to intrepid reporters Woodward and Bernstein, who pursued the lead. IMO, Republicans are just spewing their usual obfuscatory fog. It works a treat on their base.

And of course none of the principals are responding to subpoenas*, so it may take some time to get the whole truth.

*How they get away with that is a mystery to me.
    That in itself is a crime!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No, but thanks for playing, you guys crack me up.
    Feel free to clarify or not but right now your reasons for wanting to out the whistleblower aren’t particularly clear. Although i’m starting to think that i hit the nail on the head when i said that republicans dont believe democrats can be honorable americans. Looked at through that absurd prism it’s impossible to see how the congressional democrats might be impeaching trump because it happens to be the right thing to do given his actions.

But by all means keep whining about how it is all just politics and ignoring the fact that trump behaved heinously to a level that reasonable people can think deserves impeachment and removal.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    LDAHL says he is not a trump fan but his words jive with trump most of the time.
    Can’t I find both Trump and his more egregious enemies equally ridiculous? There seems to be enough mendacity to go around. It isn’t a binary good and evil choice, as much as the many tribe-bound true believers would have it.

You sure can!

Thread Information