Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax Fraud

Yppej

Tax Fraud

This is how they got Al Capone. Do you think it can work against a sitting president?

ETA: This also did in Agnew.

Or the leading Dem candidate for IL gov.

https://wgntv.com/2018/10/02/pritzke...ls-them-fraud/

I heard it may be past the statue of limitations for criminal charges but maybe not civil charges.

And if provable that it happened as the Times says it did and he was involved it would certainly meet at least my requirement of high crime or misdemeanor. Whether the republicans in the senate would agree with my assessment of what high crimes or misdemeanors means is debatable.

ANYTHING to get rid of that man!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Because the ends justify the means?

Yppej
    I have not seen Fahrenheit 11/9 yet, but did see some of a panel discussion about it, where the point was made that more ordinary not wealthy people need to run for office.

Ocasio-Cortez in NY and Pressley in MA are encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Because the ends justify the means?
    In this case, YES! He's a sick, evil man who is doing nothing but causing problems for this country that will last well after he's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Much as I disagree with many of the polices of the current occupant of the White House, I have come to the reluctant conclusion that impeachment is not a good idea. I fear that impeachment, or even the attempt, will make a martyr out of Trump to his base. The only way to get him out of office that his base will accept is to vote him out of office.

If he is impeached, my concern is that his base will tie up the courts/Congress with investigations and lawsuits and the like, furthering the divide between the various groups of citizens. So while I do not particularly want him to have another day in office, I think the country as a whole would be better off waiting and voting him out. That way, his base cannot cry foul (although they probably will cry voting fraud) and maybe, just maybe, the country can start to heal from these divisions.

I agree with you Miss C. Impeachment is not a good idea. Pence would be in and would certainly gain office in 2020. The only way to get rid of the inept president is to vote him out, vote in a Democratic congress in November to put some controls over the damage he is doing. The Democrats need to shape up.

Thread Information