Page 28 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Question for one and all here as I just don't get this? What does Trump hope to achieve by having his White House refuse to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry? Has The Orange One Of Evil never heard the following three words: Obstruction of justice? Does he believe such concepts don't apply to him?

Gotta admit his non cooperation with the Impeachment Inquiry makes me feel justified in the supporting an impeachment. I was wrong to be so radical and stop supporting him being ousted. To one and all, I'm sorry and more than a bit embarrassed. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I agree that procuring an impeachment outfit several years ago was a disrespectful thing to do, but I'm confused on why you think committing to wearing it until your dreams are fulfilled would be. Can you explain?
    Buying the outfit in the first place was a very respectful thing to do - what would be disrespectful is to wear it for any non-extremely-special occasion as the outfit is above my station in life. That was my meaning. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Buying the outfit in the first place was a very respectful thing to do - what would be disrespectful is to wear it for any non-extremely-special occasion as the outfit is above my station in life. That was my meaning. Rob
    You know the Oxford Circus station in London is probably the most run-down I've ever encountered but people using it were still pretty well dressed. You can rise above your self-imposed shoddiness and be Paddington. No one will blame you.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You know the Oxford Circus station in London is probably the most run-down I've ever encountered but people using it were still pretty well dressed. You can rise above your self-imposed shoddiness and be Paddington. No one will blame you.
    Dressing above my station in life for no special reason goes against how I was raised and is also disrespectful to the Austrian flag - a point I've made here before. But I have a solution. Why don't you dress above your station in life you are so motivated - you don't operate with the constraints that I do. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Question for one and all here as I just don't get this? What does Trump hope to achieve by having his White House refuse to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry? Has The Orange One Of Evil never heard the following three words: Obstruction of justice? Does he believe such concepts don't apply to him?

Gotta admit his non cooperation with the Impeachment Inquiry makes me feel justified in the supporting an impeachment. I was wrong to be so radical and stop supporting him being ousted. To one and all, I'm sorry and more than a bit embarrassed. Rob
    Relax Rob no one mistook you for anyone other than a “ dump
    Trump by any means necessary” person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Relax Rob no one mistook you for anyone other than a “ dump
    Trump by any means necessary” person.
    I don't necessarily see that as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I was told that once there is a formal vote to proceed with impeachment, documents or witnesses that have been requested by Congress but held up in the cumbersome legal process could be expedited (or denied) through the Supreme Court, which is what happened with Nixon? I'm not sure how to fact check this, but it would sure stream line the road blocks that the White House has put in place.
    Then why would Pelosi not want to initiate the process with the usual vote rather than a press conference? Are there members in close districts fearful of going on the record?

I see some historic protest marches coming up due to Trump's obstruction of justice via White House non-cooperation in the impeachment inquiry. US society being what it is, likely the police will break the law, being filmed while doing so, and generating negative or and large settlements for some.

Would it not have been saner and easier to elect Hillary Clinton? Rob

I don't necessarily see that as a problem.
    It’s not.

It is Rob’s endless contortions to make himself the Center Of Attention by creating imaginary conflicting positions that is a problem in lucidity and, well, honesty.

Being anti Trump is reasonable.

I was told that once there is a formal vote to proceed with impeachment, documents or witnesses that have been requested by Congress but held up in the cumbersome legal process could be expedited (or denied) through the Supreme Court, which is what happened with Nixon? I'm not sure how to fact check this, but it would sure stream line the road blocks that the White House has put in place.
    You're right--the vote isn't necessary, per the Constitution. Personally, I see no reason not to take one, but I trust Nancy Pelosi's judgment on this.

Thread Information