Page 55 of 244 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Yesterday the sun was out for a few hours and I drove around Hermann for some minutes and was knocked over by how beautiful the fall color is, it is just stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yesterday the sun was out for a few hours and I drove around Hermann for some minutes and was knocked over by how beautiful the fall color is, it is just stunning.
    Yes, it came late this year, but worth waiting for!! It's been raining almost steadily here, but DH and I went for a drive on Wednesday in the late afternoon. The sun was breaking through clouds on the west, which created a surreal luminescence from the foliage. It was gorgeous
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith
    I was pretty much growing up in the seventies. As music was the prime ingredient for inspiration for most teens of that era, what I listened to continues to influence my life. Last night, my daughter, SIL, wife and I attended a concert by Elton John. He is on a farewell tour called the “Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour”. Having been on the road and in the music business for over fifty years and selling over 200 million records....he wants to spend more time with his family. He played for three hours. Almost every song brought back the feelings they inspired forty to fifty years ago. Cool night.

I saw Elton 20 years ago and he was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I was pretty much growing up in the seventies. As music was the prime ingredient for inspiration for most teens of that era, what I listened to continues to influence my life. Last night, my daughter, SIL, wife and I attended a concert by Elton John. He is on a farewell tour called the “Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour”. Having been on the road and in the music business for over fifty years and selling over 200 million records....he wants to spend more time with his family. He played for three hours. Almost every song brought back the feelings they inspired forty to fifty years ago. Cool night.
    Wow! Lucky you. At one point I was going to buy tickets to this tour for DH for his birthday, which was three weeks ago. Elton John music is tightly woven into my memories of our early days dating, and of course well past the early days. And one of my favorite songs is "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road." There are so many great songs, but I also really love one of his later hits, "I Want Love." I'm happy for you that it was well worth the ticket.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow! Lucky you. At one point I was going to buy tickets to this tour for DH for his birthday, which was three weeks ago. Elton John music is tightly woven into my memories of our early days dating, and of course well past the early days. And one of my favorite songs is "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road." There are so many great songs, but I also really love one of his later hits, "I Want Love." I'm happy for you that it was well worth the ticket.
    I think you would enjoy this concert immensely. His encore songs were “Your Song” and then “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”. As well, he played the other song you mention, “I want love.” And the stage had a wonderful screen that showed a related music video along with the song. Photo attached.....

F211EF1C-D7AF-49C1-B015-9FDA649A2340.jpg

What a great concert! Yesterday I heard a wren chirping, singing exuberantly. I peered around the corner of the porch and there it was! We had a wee chat and off it flew. The brightness of that song, the glorious blue sky and sun made for a perfect moment.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    What a great concert! Yesterday I heard a wren chirping, singing exuberantly. I peered around the corner of the porch and there it was! We had a wee chat and off it flew. The brightness of that song, the glorious blue sky and sun made for a perfect moment.
    My father loved to build wren houses. He said that a wren will build a nest in almost anything you can slap together but it was almost always something with a pitched roof like an A-frame, a small hole and a little convenient rod under the hole for the wren to perch on.

I love being triggered into remembering those redeeming qualities of my father. Thank you.

I got cleared from the orthopedic surgeon yesterday at my first post-op appointment to start occupational therapy on my wrist! First appointment is next Tuesday. Meanwhile, I managed a full day of driving to and running around Santa Fe with errands, lunch with a friend visiting from Michigan and four loads of laundry at the laundromat. That alone just did me in for the day; I am completely exhausted but now I have three weeks worth of clean clothes.

Made an apple pie with bottom and top crust and it turned out delicious. Dont know why I have always been afraid of it. Used this recipe and a Trader Jo crust set. Note: my husband finally got mad at the crusts on his earlier pie and just balled it up and rerolled it. TJ crusts start out very dry but get softer when warm.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2018/10/e...ect-apple-pie/

Thread Information