PDA

View Full Version : Accupuncture

heydude
3-29-11, 5:11pm
Anyone did accupuncture here? Any success?

redfox
3-29-11, 10:22pm
I've had acupuncture treatments for years, for conditions ranging form a back injury - incredible pain relief with acu - to menopause symptoms. I have found it to be very successful.

heydude
3-29-11, 11:50pm
do the needles hurt?

Simplemind
3-29-11, 11:52pm
I have had it several times with positive results. Most impressive was my son who had a bad break of his arm. After the cast was off he still had no feeling in the lower half of his arm from the elbow down. His pinky and ring finger were also numb. He did regular PT for several weeks with no improvement. I took him in to see my acupuncturist and within two treatments he had all the feeling back in his arm and fingers. I love the feeling of total relaxation I have when I leave. It lasts even longer than a great massage.

redfox
3-30-11, 1:30am
The needles are small to very tiny, and if you're needle phobic, ask for the ones they use on babies. They are hair thin. For me, after weekly treatments of about a year (menopause), my skin became very sensitive so my practitioner went to the smallest needles, and it was fine.

Giveallup11
4-25-11, 6:14pm
I have been a huge fan of massage therapy for a long time. It has really been the only successful treatment for my back pain over the years. Old sport's injuries continue to flair up on me, and I hate taking medication. However, I'm very interested in trying this for continued relief of circulation because I feel like sometimes I feel like this could be an accomplice to significant muscle discomfort. I'm going to ask the question again...what does it feel like? It appears that it could be painful? Is there an adjustment period where you get used to is? Another thing that I'm concerned about is finding the right place to go. Has anyone used www.angieslist.com (http://www.angieslist.com/)to find a place that will do this? My typical massage place does not offer it!

HappyHiker
4-25-11, 8:54pm
Yes, I've had acupuncture and no, the needles did not hurt, and yes, the treatments were highly successful for the condition's relief...and yes, I'm a big fan.

domestic goddess
4-26-11, 6:50am
I have to preface this by saying that I've never had acupuncture. My dh did for a year, after he had a stroke. He was a big baby where needles are concerned, and he always claimed that it didn't hurt. Trust me, if it did hurt, I would have known! He would fall asleep after all the needles were in, and be very relaxed when we left, and would go home and have a little nap. He woke feeling calm and rested.
He did not see much improvement in his paralysis, but the relaxation was a great thing!