PDA

View Full Version : Funny video about the facts of life

kib
1-2-11, 8:54pm
Stumbled across this video on TED that made me laugh, about telling your kids the facts of life. Has some anatomically correct language but otherwise rated G. :D

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/julia_sweeney_has_the_talk.html

Mrs-M
1-2-11, 9:07pm
That was priceless! :laff:

Brian
1-2-11, 9:22pm
I really enjoyed a one woman show of hers "God Said Ha!" many moon ago.

She was braver than I in that situation, though I may have tried to bluff vs lie in her situation, as we had DD's web browser locked down real well at that age. That said would I have bet all on that features strength and let her punch in that search phrase? Well she was just being age appropriate... ;)

kally
1-3-11, 4:07am
that was great

CathyA
1-3-11, 11:47am
Kib.......thanks so much for pointing me in Julia Sweeny's direction. She is very funny and very creative! I'm going to look up more things by her. I watched some of her one on believing in a god and it was very good. Wish they had the entire thing on there. Thanks again.

Gina
1-3-11, 12:08pm
I too like Julia Sweeney. As Brian said, "God Said Ha!" was very good, both funny and poignent. I saw it on PBS I think a couple years ago. (Not sacriligious for those concerned. Well... from my viewpoint.) Glad to see she is doing more.

After watching the clip linked above, I went to YouTube and there is much of her work there. I didn't watch it, but there seems to be a multi-part program that I intend to watch when I have the time.