PDA

View Full Version : What do these”signs” mean?

iris lilies
2-4-18, 11:10am
Ok, you people who believe that the universe is signaling through eerie weerie thingies—what do these signs mean? I had two odd things happen yesterday.

One thing: i looked down into the basement and saw DH standing at our clothes dryer. At least, I saw his shoes. I then went down the basement steps to check our washing machine and he was gone. I thought he was hiding. He never came out. I went upstairsand called his name. He answered from the third floor. He had never been in the basement!

Second thing:I was out on my dailey walk and saw a playing card lying on the ground, facing me. It was a 7 of hearts.

what are the meanings of these things? Haha.

ok, have at it. You know I dont believe in any if it.

CathyA
2-4-18, 12:29pm
Hmmm.....were his shoes actually in front of the dryer?

iris lilies
2-4-18, 12:40pm
Hmmm.....were his shoes actually in front of the dryer?

no. What
I saw was shoes and a few inches of pant legs.

Tybee
2-4-18, 12:48pm
Maybe the 7 of hearts is related to this:
http://7ofhearts.com/books-on-significance/

CathyA
2-4-18, 12:53pm
Hmmm.....very interesting. Do you have a door to the outside in your basement? Could it have been an intruder?
Did you just eat some magic brownies? :~)

Teacher Terry
2-4-18, 1:10pm
that you need new glasses?

razz
2-4-18, 1:42pm
that you are making mountains out of molehills?

iris lilies
2-4-18, 2:13pm
Hmmm.....very interesting. Do you have a door to the outside in your basement? Could it have been an intruder?
Did you just eat some magic brownies? :~)

We DO in favt have a door to the outside right there near his feet, but it was locked.

Funny that DH made the same comment about weed edibles when I told him about this sighting.

iris lilies
2-4-18, 2:13pm
that you are making mountains out of molehills?
Haha, I agree, but some people here like these signing events.

Williamsmith
2-4-18, 5:20pm
It means you should go on a trip to clear your mind of any uncertainties. So far, between me and you we have found two of the fifty two cards in the simpleliving forum deck. Who is going to be next?

rosarugosa
2-4-18, 5:52pm
I don't believe in spooky sh!t, so I'm going to go with Teacher Terry's theory. :)

Yppej
2-4-18, 7:36pm
Is there something traumatic about his shoes, like in the past a pair of his was sprayed by a skunk, you are having a PTSD flashback, and the washer is there because you want to symbolically cleanse away the stench?

Float On
2-4-18, 10:06pm
You know...I remember finding a Jack of spades about 8 years ago! I'll be on the lookout.

I take ibuprophen pm on a regular bases and lately have been seeing very weird things. My eyes are open. Last night it was a man standing in the closet on my side of the bed. Scared me quite a bit and took awhile to get up the nerve to turn on my light.

CathyA
2-5-18, 6:21am
You know...I remember finding a Jack of spades about 8 years ago! I'll be on the lookout.

I take ibuprophen pm on a regular bases and lately have been seeing very weird things. My eyes are open. Last night it was a man standing in the closet on my side of the bed. Scared me quite a bit and took awhile to get up the nerve to turn on my light..

FloatOn....that sounds like sleep paralysis. I used to get that when I was younger. It's pretty scary.

happystuff
2-5-18, 7:11am
Maybe you just really want him to help out more with the laundry and visualized it actually happening. And since 7 is considered a lucky number by some, it is an additional indication of his helping out more.

Okay... just taking a shot here! LOL.

CathyA
2-5-18, 7:15am
IL......had you just woken up from a nap? Are you on any medications?

danna
2-5-18, 8:21am
Before this story I was very much an unbeliever and mostly still am....lol...

One time about 3 years after my Dh had died, Dd and I were playing Scrabble and
part way into the game I looked at my remaining letters and let out a gasp.
They remaining letters spelled his name! Now his name has a Y and W the harder letters to use,
so maybe a coincidence hmmm maybe NOT!
Dd laughed and said maybe he was trying to tell us something..."Like Get The Car Cleaned".
It was one of his pet peeves and it was really, really dirty. I guess we can read anything into things we like.
Of course this doesn't help with the feet in the basement...I would say you were daydreaming he was actually doing the laundry~:0!

catherine
2-5-18, 8:46am
So, I'm the type of person who believes in signs, but I've been wracking my brain on this one, IL. If I were to go out on a limb, I'd say that the combination of you seeing your DH where he wasn't (in the basement near the washer/dryer) and the 7 of hearts supposedly meaning ideal, unconditional love, maybe it means your relationship is settling into a new phase. You are now retired, and you are working jointly on this second home venture, coexisting with comfort, yet with a detached but loving attitude.

How's that?

Alan
2-5-18, 9:53am
I apply Occam's Razor to everything, so I think it means you misinterpreted what you saw in the basement and someone lost a playing card.

Sad Eyed Lady
2-5-18, 10:32am
So, I'm the type of person who believes in signs.

I am with Catherine on this - I too am a believer in signs. Not that I think there is a message in everything we see out of the ordinary. I think they are few and far between, but when they do happen it gets our attention. I have had things that I first applied logic too and there was no logical explanation. Some things that I experienced were with others who were with me and experienced it too, so no illusion on my part.

I have a friend whose DH liked to talk about how time is not linear and says when you are looking for something and can't find it, then go back to the exact same place and there it is - that is what is happening. The object hasn't gotten there yet. I am over-simplifying and paraphrasing what he actually said, but it makes sense. I have experienced that at times and it is totally baffling. So, with that as the premise, it seems seeing your DH's feet/legs in front of the washer was just a quick glimpse into another time period. Maybe past, maybe future when he was or will be in that exact spot. But, with the 7 of hearts playing card, that is harder to explain IF it does mean anything. Maybe it doesn't. If it does, you will probably have it revealed to you before long.

jp1
2-6-18, 10:25pm
I'm with Teacher Terry and Alan. And will add that maybe you need to buy brighter light bulbs for the basement. As you can probably tell I'm not a big believer in signs. It annoys me when a tv show or movie lays on the foreshadowing so thick that even Helen Keller would be able to see it.

To me it's just like going down the rabbit hole of "wow! If such and such hadn't happened my life would be so different!" While true I don't think it means anything more than that life can be pretty random. Sure, my life would be completely different today (I'd still probably be living in NYC for one and on a completely different career path for another) if SO hadn't happened to walk into the pizza place where I met him at the same time that I happened to be there. But whatever. Maybe someone else would've walked through that door...