PDA

View Full Version : Harlan's birthday!

Ultralight
8-4-18, 8:52pm
Today was my dog's birthday. Harlan turned 9!

I went to Chipotle to get him a burrito for his birthday meal. It was double-wrapped in 2 tortillas and contained white rice, double steak, cheese, sour creme, and extra lettuce!

He loved it!

Then later I got him a vanilla ice creme cone. He had never had ice creme. So he went berserk on it! haha

Anyone else celebrate pet birthdays? Any traditions?

razz
8-4-18, 9:05pm
Bro gets his usual food as anything else causes some unpleasant change. I have given him a little piece of turkey for Thanksgiving and that is OK. The most I do is give him 2 treats after a walk instead of one.
Happy Birthday Harlan!

Ultralight
8-4-18, 9:12pm
The most I do is give him 2 treats after a walk instead of one.

Nothing wrong with that!

Happy Birthday Harlan!

:)

iris lilies
8-4-18, 9:13pm
That is nice for Harlan!

Zoe Girl
8-4-18, 10:29pm
Happy birthday, I don't know the birthday of my rescue cat. I guess I could have made one up however. My ex does a big celebration for his dogs with bows and everything (and forgets his own kids' birthdays). Maybe my old old could use a birthday, I was just gone for 8 days and he got minimal attention.

Sounds like a puppy-rific day!

rosarugosa
8-5-18, 6:27am
Happy belated birthday to Harlan! We acknowledge adoption anniversaries, but we don't really do anything special. These guys are totally living the good life every single day!

beckyliz
8-9-18, 5:19pm
Belated Birthday Greetings to Harlan! We don't celebrate Brody's birthday (don't know when it is), but he does get some extra tasty canned dog food for Christmas.

Rogar
8-9-18, 6:10pm
I don't have pets but can appreciate any occasion involving the sharing ice cream. Happy birthday Harlan!