PDA

View Full Version : Down to Earth Blog

KayLR
10-30-18, 5:52pm
Many years ago I stumbled upon this blog (probably someone here recommended it), and for some reason today I re-visited it only to find that the author, Rhonda Hetzel, has decided to discontinue it.

It is based out of Queensland, Australia, and it was always so interesting to read her takes on frugality, her different ways of doing things, simplifying, and just the Aussie ways and ways of saying things. I learned a lot from her and all those who posted there.

She says she is stepping away, but is leaving the blog there so we can return to it "whenever you like."

https://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/

razz
10-30-18, 6:44pm
Interesting reading!

pinkytoe
10-30-18, 8:28pm
I used to enjoy her blog but had forgotten about it until you mentioned. I liked they way she stressed the value of home and a simpler lifestyle. I have always thought that maintaining a blog would be a lot of work - especially coming up with new content/taking photos when you just don't feel like it.

KayLR
10-31-18, 11:48am
I used to enjoy her blog but had forgotten about it until you mentioned. I liked they way she stressed the value of home and a simpler lifestyle. I have always thought that maintaining a blog would be a lot of work - especially coming up with new content/taking photos when you just don't feel like it.

Yes, but she made it look "simple." I appreciated the encouraging tone of her posts. She seemed like a mentor to many younger women who were choosing to be at home and seeking frugal ways. I love reading about her fermenting projects, ginger beer and her "home dairy." The photos of her place made you feel "at home"---not like you were looking at some unattainable magazine home setting.