PDA

View Full Version : Ageing & Identity

SiouzQ.
5-17-19, 11:50am
After reading the other thread about ageing, I realized a few things in the past few days when I went on a little camping trip down to Silver City. As some of you long-timers know, for all these years I literally LIVED for the escape my camping road trips gave me. I'd escape Michigan, escape the problems with my daughter, I'd get to be athletic and kick-ass cool and hike and be adventurous.

Now that I live out west, I don't get quite the same feeling of "escaping my life" because I can escape on any given day I want practically because I am living the life I always dreamed about when I was stuck in the Mid-West all those years. But as many of you know, I have had a helluva a year with grief and a bunch of medical problems. I am more out of shape than ever, have gained weight, have daily pain, etc, etc and it makes me feel OLD (I am inching closer to 58).

Anyway, I took a camping trip down to Silver City because I am performing a "ritual quest" in spreading my daughter's ashes in particular places that had meaning for both of us, or meaningful to me right now. I have always, ALWAYS been a tent camper, prided myself on it and built a whole identity about being a strong, capable woman who goes off on her own, driving where ever I fee like, doing whatever I feel like, etc. Well, I am having a hard time admitting to myself that tent camping is, hmmmmmm, just not as enjoyable as it used to be. My knees, hips and pelvis give me trouble crawling in and out of my little tent, it was hard to pound in the tent stakes due to my wrist problems, the Thermarest sleeping pad is absolutely NOT going to work for me anymore going forward; I couldn't sleep I was so uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep on either side due to this chronic gluteus medius and IT band pain I have had all year which no medical professional seems to be able to help me with. I am still having problems with my surgery from last January, so taking care of myself while on the road was a bit harder than being at home. Hiking through and among the rock formations at City of Rocks State Park wore me out!

But in spite of all that, I am glad I did the quick trip, but dismayed about how much work it was and how much it tired me out. Then I start wondering, is this unfortunate stage I am struggling through in life the beginning of the entropy we all know is going to happen, or is it a very long aberration that I will somehow, someday crawl out of given enough time? On paper I am not THAT OLD! It's just that my body feels much older than 57; it's what I would have expected feeling like at 70 or something....

This whole year is trying to teach me some lessons about massive changes and most of it is really hard to accept yet.

Teacher Terry
5-17-19, 11:59am
So glad you were able to make the trip and honor your daughter’s memory. I had to give up hiking 10 years ago at 55 due to health issues. The last time I tent camped was 5 years ago and the last. Now we take our RV. No doubt about it aging has brought change.

JaneV2.0
5-17-19, 1:10pm
People who get to be old and spry are very fortunate; even if they think it was some kind of accomplishment. I can certainly commiserate with you.

razz
5-17-19, 1:37pm
I can understand the feeling of freedom when camping with a tent. I did it for years when leading Girl Guides as well. I finally decided that I had had enough scrambling around - when getting out of the tent became more effort than fun, more responsibility and planning than enjoyment . Now when I travel on long or short outings I want to be taken care of. Someone else can worry about traffic, preparing food, securing accommodation etc. Cannot remember when this change took place but once I had a taste of being catered to, I was sold on the idea.

pinkytoe
5-17-19, 8:19pm
The older Colorado women in my book club were talking about how tent camping is no longer something they have any desire to do. The two that I can remember doing were miserable - one was soaking rain and the other temps so cold I had to put campfire-heated rocks in socks to keep my feet from freezing.

bae
5-17-19, 11:31pm
I've been in test-anxiety mode the past month.

Today was our mandatory agility/fitness/stress/skills test day at the fire department.

The rule is: you can continue in your specialities if you can pass the tests, which are done twice a year, you need to pass at least once a year.

They take about a quart of blood two weeks before this, to look for any blood-results that may be problematic, of course, you don't find out until today how you did on the bloodwork.

I've been busting my ass exercising, eating healthy, practicing for about two months for this.

Today they take my vitals before the physical part of the test. My blood pressure and heart rate are high, as usual, as I have test and white coat anxiety. No worries....

Then I suit up with 80 pounds of gear, and turn on the air - for my specialties, the test is done in full firefighting gear, wearing an airpack, and done on-air, and you carry tools. This part of the test only takes 20 minutes, on average. Our air bottles are rated for 45 minutes of "normal" breathing, 22-ish minutes doing this kind of work.

The person helping me suit up dropped a mostly-empty bottle on me, and since we weren't following the normal gear-up protocols, and I was fixated on the test, I didn't check.

1 minute into the test, my low-air indicator kicked in, and the loud alarm goes off..... Which means you have 5 mins of air left doing "real work"....

Now, I've tested myself before, and I know to a moral certainty that I can get 15-ish minutes once the alarm goes off, if I use the mindful-breathing, and paced-working techniques I train in for the really hardcore rescue work, and don't do much in the way of high-exertion work.... This test is high-exertion by design.... Hmmmm......

The test supervisor says "you can restart, no worries..." I said, very carefully and calmly: "let's see if I can do it..."

I did the 20 minute course in 9 minutes, moving from my point of view excruciatingly carefully and slowly, and barely breathing. I ran completely out of air right as I crossed the finish line and was unsuiting. I beat 80% of the department on time...

My vitals were *lower* at the end of the test, and during the test, than they were before I started it.

The supervising doctor, looking at the heart monitor, said "were you just....sleeping....during the exercise?"

Bottom line: experience, skill, mindfullness, and treachery make up for being old :-)

Tammy
5-17-19, 11:39pm
Great story.

I like to think that my brain is increasingly awesome from 22 years of nursing experience and it more than makes up for lack of youthful energy.

dado potato
5-18-19, 12:52am
And then there is the love song of an old man...

James Taylor wrote "Mean Old Man":

… So who gets a second chance?
Who gets to have some fun?
Who gets to learn to dance
Before his race is run?
Who gets to shed his skin?
Who comes up born again?
Who was a mean old man,
'Til you turned him into a golden retriever puppy dog?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVwcSYLdSs

nswef
5-18-19, 9:41am
Bae, I am in awe of what you do!!! Bravo! I never was a camper-quit girl scouts because of the camping...not even Day Camp appealed to me-smoke, outhouses, half cooked food....bugs, poison ivy, bugs. I admire people who do it and better yet, enjoy it. My friend is doing her first 2 night overnight on the Appalachian Trail next week. She's been hiking for about 5 years, has done all of PA, MD and WV- working on Virginia now, thus the overnight test. But, I notice i do NOT have the stamina to do household jobs, painting, gardening that I used to have. Luckily I'm retired so can take my time...an hour or so at a time rather than all day. Move 1/2 bag of mulch at a time, not the whole bag. It's frustrating, but I am getting calm with it!

nswef
5-18-19, 9:43am
SiouzQ, I am glad you are able to do your ritual quest. However you travel, it is good to do it. Treat yourself well! Pain is exhausting, grief is exhausting and change is difficult. Healing thoughts are coming your way from Maryland.

rosarugosa
5-18-19, 6:09pm
One of our quieter members, Gregg44, did a perfect job describing how I feel about camping. He said something along the lines that he worked really hard so his family would never have to live out of doors or in a tent, and he just didn't get the appeal of them playing at being homeless on vacation.
I have never spent a single night in a tent and if all goes well, I never will.
That said, I love the idea of silence and darkness, seeing only a million stars and hearing crickets or night peepers. But I don't quite love it enough to forego indoor plumbing. :)

Teacher Terry
5-18-19, 8:17pm
Camping with small kids sucks and I only did it once. Once they grew up did some with a group of friends for a weekend at a time. 12 years ago bought the used RV with all the conveniences except the refrigerator quit working so we use coolers.

jp1
5-18-19, 8:39pm
Greg’s comments mirror my late father’s. He always said ‘i camped out for a year and a half when i was in the army. That was enough.’ When i was younger i enjoyed camping. I havent done it in probably 20 years but hiking a sizable section of the Pacific Crest Trail is something i’ve been contemplating for a while now, which would obviously involve camping out again.

bae
5-18-19, 9:50pm
My camping comfort level has improved hugely the past couple of years - I have switched from sleeping bag/pad/tent or fly to a real camping/expedition hammock, with fly, underquilt for the hammock, and a sleeping "bag" without a bottom (basically a fancy quilt).

Sleeping in the hammock is more comfortable than sleeping in my nice bed at home. The underquilt keeps you from freezing - it hangs *under* the hammock, insultating the bottom of the hammock nicely. The fly can go up if you are expecting rain or heavy winds.

The hammock I use is this:

https://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/product-category/hammocks/blackbird-xlc-and-add-ons/

Teacher Terry
5-18-19, 10:12pm
Bae, I am now questioning your sanity:))

bae
5-18-19, 10:14pm
Bae, I am now questioning your sanity:))

Well, when they send us out for wilderness searches, we are supposed to be equipped to be self-supporting for 3 days, and I'll be darned if I'm going to sleep on the cold cold hard ground :-) And my setup, stripped down a bit, is pretty light weight and takes little space in the pack. It's also great if you have a patient and need to keep them warm and sheltered.

Teacher Terry
5-18-19, 11:43pm
Actually, I really admire the work you do. You also seem like a much kinder person since your wife left. I know it’s painful but I cannot help but wonder if you are happier. No need to answer that. Just a gut feeling.

bae
5-19-19, 12:17am
Your deduction is correct :-)

Teacher Terry
5-19-19, 12:24am
I am happy for you. I was much happier once I left my verbally abusive ex although much poorer since he hid the 900k we had saved.

razz
5-19-19, 6:42am
Neat set-up, Bae, for camping but what do you do when the tree support is unavailable or in your neck of the woods, so to speak, that does not happen?

bae
5-19-19, 12:18pm
Neat set-up, Bae, for camping but what do you do when the tree support is unavailable or in your neck of the woods, so to speak, that does not happen?

The places where I "hang out" (hammock pun) are completely tree-infested - the Pacific NW. One of the reasons I first tried the hammock is that the ground here tends to be lumpy, with lots of pointy things laying on the ground, and tons of critters crawling around on the forest floor :-)

I used the hammock once in Wyoming, where there were no trees in sight, but it was at a highway rest stop, and I strung it between two lamp posts in the parking lot.

jp1
5-19-19, 12:21pm
I used the hammock once in Wyoming, where there were no trees in sight, but it was at a highway rest stop, and I strung it between two lamp posts in the parking lot.

My mom, who grew up in western Kansas, used to joke that the state tree was the telephone pole.

bae
5-19-19, 12:38pm
I am beginning to understand though why some folks as they become more "experienced" begin "camping" with trailers, and eventually motor homes.

I keep getting this passing fancy to get a very very small motorhome, like an old VW camper, and hit the road for a year long tour of America with my hound dog.

nswef
5-19-19, 3:23pm
Bae I had thought of that....then I thought about bathrooms, baths, bugs and heat.....Nope!

razz
5-19-19, 4:20pm
I keep getting this passing fancy to get a very very small motorhome, like an old VW camper, and hit the road for a year long tour of America with my hound dog.

Had this same dream about 5 years ago and then found from a number of increasingly discouraged regular campers about needing to book a site 3 months ahead, the increased cost of each site nowadays, the crowded conditions and said, "Things sure have changed from 20 years ago." The US may be very different.

DH and I used to throw an air mattress and sleeping bags in the back of the 1/2 ton truck with a high cap and go. We had a aluminum box with all the camping essentials always ready to go. He had the notion of wherever we had to fill up the gas tank, there we would stop and look for the nearest campground. Found some neat places that way. Glad that I had the experience then and simply relax now or take an organized tour where I have no responsibilities.

Teacher Terry
5-19-19, 4:46pm
We like to stay at campgrounds so we have hookups but they have gotten expensive. Some times as much as a motel. You do need reservations and the price of gas is high. We only do travel with it within a 4 hour range of home. Last year we took a 4K/mile trip and it was cheaper to use our car and stay in a motel.

JaneV2.0
5-20-19, 8:53am
I've done enough hiking to realize my knees aren't in it, and I've slept in tents and under the stars. I'm with those who like comfort and indoor plumbing. The little roughing it I've done gave me real appreciation for my pioneer ancestors... Being in nature is always restorative--maybe "glamping" would be just the thing.

bae
5-20-19, 1:17pm
Thank you for the dose of reality about the modern state of RV/camper camping. I think I was channeling my childhood with the idea, y'all may have saved me a lot of $$$ and disappointment :-)

Alan
5-20-19, 2:08pm
Thank you for the dose of reality about the modern state of RV/camper camping. I think I was channeling my childhood with the idea, y'all may have saved me a lot of $$$ and disappointment :-)
Oh, I don't know about that. We still enjoy getting out and about in our motorhome. If I were you though, I'd look into the Sprinter conversions, we see a lot of those these days when we're out exploring the country.

bae
5-20-19, 2:23pm
Oh, I don't know about that. We still enjoy getting out and about in our motorhome. If I were you though, I'd look into the Sprinter conversions, we see a lot of those these days when we're out exploring the country.

Those are what have given me the hankerin' - tons have been showing up here on the island driven by tourists (and similar conversions), and they look quite appealing and relatively untroublesome.

Teacher Terry
5-20-19, 2:36pm
I am glad we only paid 14k for ours. We use it more as a second guest bedroom than camping. If you are looking at a Class B they won’t be such gas hogs.

Alan
5-20-19, 5:03pm
Those are what have given me the hankerin' - tons have been showing up here on the island driven by tourists (and similar conversions), and they look quite appealing and relatively untroublesome.
My wife and I spent a cold, snowy weekend last winter watching YouTube videos of Sprinter owners showing off their digs. She still lusts after one built to our specs, I think they're a little too tight for extended travel for two but I think they'd be perfect for a solo.

Simplemind
5-20-19, 7:07pm
We got a nice deal on a 2003 Minnie Winnie. I'm giving it a year to see how we really use it. So far I have one trip (3-4 days) a month planned. Trying to make it work with two high energy dogs...…. (we don't want to be "those people" that annoy the "other people")

HappyHiker
6-26-19, 9:02pm
I still like sleeping in a tent -- glamping, that is, with a regular bed--that someone else sets up for one. Something about being outdoors with the scents and sounds moves me. I'd like to try Bae's camping hammock to see if it's comfy...well, not his, exactly, but one like it.

Our last camping trip found us with a leaky tent (should have sealed those seams, duh!) that funneled the water into our down bags which became waterlogged. It was less than delightful. We cut our trip short...

Alan
6-26-19, 9:12pm
We got a nice deal on a 2003 Minnie Winnie. I'm giving it a year to see how we really use it. So far I have one trip (3-4 days) a month planned. Trying to make it work with two high energy dogs...…. (we don't want to be "those people" that annoy the "other people")
What do you think of the Minnie Winnie? We've been looking at them recently, considering replacing our Class 'C' motorhome with a Minnie Winnie model 2108DS and a diesel pickup or SUV to tow it. What do you use as a tow vehicle?

Ultralight
6-26-19, 10:18pm
I am turning 40 early next month. Intellectually I still feel 29. Physically I feel about 50.

But I suppose my identity is something like: "Middle aged, balding, overweight, divorced guy with a dog."

bae
6-27-19, 1:02am
I am turning 40 early next month. Intellectually I still feel 29. Physically I feel about 50.

When I was turning 50, I physically felt like I was 75+. Didn't seem right. I got some good docs to check me out, found some underlying issues that were fortunately easily addressed. Now at 56, physically I feel like I am 30, except the day after doing Anything Really Serious. Then I feel 90 for about an hour the next day :-)

bae
6-27-19, 1:04am
I am reconsidering the Sprinter thing now. The island is positively buried in them now that the tourist season is beginning. They must have become The Next Big Thing, and every millionaire Amazon/Microsoft employee is cluttering up our village and our roads with the BLEEEEP things.

Save us!

Ultralight
6-27-19, 6:40am
When I was turning 50, I physically felt like I was 75+. Didn't seem right. I got some good docs to check me out, found some underlying issues that were fortunately easily addressed. Now at 56, physically I feel like I am 30, except the day after doing Anything Really Serious. Then I feel 90 for about an hour the next day :-)

They inject you with T? I heard that makes you feel like a million bucks!

bae
6-27-19, 8:42pm
They inject you with T? I heard that makes you feel like a million bucks!

Sleep apnea treated with CPAP. And for a while HRT because the apnea made my endocrine system shut down, I had a t-level of 80, which is basically what a healthy 17 year old female athlete has. Or a 99 year old man in bad shape. They had to do a lot of fiddling to reboot the system. (This is when they also discovered some of the genetic oddities I have, I had other hormonal issues due to that and my age.) Also, I had essentially no vitamin-D in my system.

It took about 2 days for the CPAP to produce a huge difference, and the hormone juggling took a year or so.

So, do not go gently into that good night, there may be real, fixable, underlying issues.

Teacher Terry
6-27-19, 9:24pm
CPAP has changed my life. Coat your teeth with biotene gel or toothpaste every night. No one told me that half of all people lose their teeth within 4 years if they don’t have excellent teeth. Don’t ask me how I know.

Simplemind
6-27-19, 10:58pm
Alan we have a 24' Class C Minnie Winnie. Bought it used and we are the third owners. The first was the guy who designed it. He and the owners before us took exceptional care of it. Although a 2003 I swear it looked brand-new inside and out. We have had it out every other week for 3-4 days. Loving it so far.2845

Alan
6-27-19, 11:10pm
Alan we have a 24' Class C Minnie Winnie.

Thanks, for some reason I was thinking you had one of their small travel trailers rather than the Class C. We currently have a 28' Class C with three slides. It's built on the same Ford E450 frame as yours and has a 10 cylinder gas engine. It's a 2007 model and we've had a great time with it over these past 10 years.

When my wife retires in the next year or so we plan on going on the road for half the year and have decided to transition to the smaller travel trailers, mainly because of convenience and the ability to use the tow vehicle to get around. This is along the lines of what we're considering:

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBxITEhUSEhISFRUVFRgXFRgVFxUVFhcVFRgYFhUVFR gYHSghGBolGxUVITEhJSkrLi4uFx8zODUtNygtLisBCgoKDg0O GhAQFy0dHR0vLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLSstLSstLSsrLS 0tKy0tLS0rLS0tLS0tLSsrNy03Lf/AABEIAJ8BPgMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAEAAgMBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAABQYDBAcCAQj/xABLEAACAQIDBAYFBwgIBQUAAAABAgADEQQSIQUGMUETIlFhcY EHMnKRoRQjJEKxssIzUmJzgpLB0RVDY4Oio9LwNERUk8MIFiV0 s//EABgBAQEBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAgME/8QAHxEBAQEAAgICAwAAAAAAAAAAAAERAjESIUFhAzJC/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwDuMREBERAREQEREBERAREQESMxW38LTc0 3rorjipOo58POYTvVgbE/KqNh mL68LDifKBMzXx Op0UNWq6oi2uzGwFzYe8kDzlVx/pN2bSUk1ixBICqOuSDb1Ta2vbbTXhKpvDvXX2lR6KlgbUWKuHr 1TTDZTddE61rjle8aLPj/Sdgk0pitWPD5tCB76hW/lPez/STg6nrirRI49IALeOuk57R3XcgipWRFNrph6are2tjVe7sPGS y9jUaBJpBgWAUkuxuFvbQm3Psmbzi5XT6O2KDWtUXUXF9Lg8wT ofKbqsDqCD4Tm2zMUMM98oNBj87TIBVb8ayA8COLAaEXPES1nG 0qNdaQw9dQ5AWpTpu1EluGY07qgvpdrdvDWWcpTFgiY8xn0PKj 3E Zp9gIiICIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiAmrjsaKeXq s7O2VFS2ZiAWPrEACyk3JA8yJtSkb5b74bB4imjZnq0wWZFHKo pCgk8 B4HSBZ12llJFZVpdRnF3DdRCoctYWBBdOBPrT4Nqi4 aqhCQOkdRTUEmwBVyH1NhfLbUTlG1d9cdi2VqGE6MKCFZuwvTq Xu9getRTgO2aGI2ZtHE64rFtY/VUsw8r2UeQk2Ljq21d9cBQvnxCEj6tP5w37OroPMiUzavphS XC4cseRc3P7icf3pWcTu9g8NT6bEF2VbAlsz6n9FAP4ydwtGig HRIoUgHqgKLHhoLd3vmfLejEHtDb218ZoQaankQKQH4/tmrQ3PrPrWrnwpj8TfylxpvrYLYdv /wCcyMw7e/8A2ZLauRzvfHZdHD0SKRXpSb1DmzVPVOVmHK5zHgL6y bOAFNAAAMi2AFhaw4Si794Iq9WsCGSt0YUgg2ZAyup B8 6XjZRvSpntpp90Ry6hO22Z8mtito0aZs9RFPYT1vcNZF4jezDL wLv7K/6iJnKup2WDc/adicK51UZqJPOmNDT8UuP2SvfOZVd9Rfq0dO97fh0 MslHEF0p16Js4tUp301HFG7iLqfEzU3inbqU XmrsvHpXopWT1XUGx4g81PeDceU84/Ah ugUVR6rdo503I1KHgRy4jUCdGG5PolKwGOqjo0Z62j1KAzOQwq DrUkqmxF9FAYg3FTnluZCltdraPUNwCodKbkg0zUAsmQgkq6WP 1ktzgWbNPueQdHbDFlVejqFibWFVBoqtfRXAFnQgkjjM2H20rg EISCbAo1NgTYNYAsGJykG2XgbwJH5TY2YW7DxX38vOZwZEVloY nKrrUupzKctamQR a4tfvANj3zaSuUqBGN1c/Nt2NxNM QJB7iOQuVvREQEREBERAREQEREBERAREQEREBERATjfpWp//M7Pbtp29zuPxzsk4/6YBbamzG7cw/zKf qSjTNFHUVMRiWUPdlphxTUJeyCw1c5bXvfW/dM w6S06uIooTk aqoOIAqpYhe69Mn9qQe21HSrw0oqPCz1RpJfYrfSH78HhT8awm L018t7b2y1xNB6DErmGjDXKw1Vrc9eXMXmIB1YU1uVXo9QOI9V gT8ZKic/wATteu5JNVwCb5VNgAdQPKOByWpzXyasKZy26xCgE0hrc3OlS/fHyQVcxWqrLmYDKS9rtSYAm/I0zp lKM vEk JJ 2WTcdtay8rUz59cfwHumr6mpPbF6QqQXCoBb8tc2vxa5J1JN/OWDYJvQontpU/uCQfpHH0Vf1q/YZMbrtfC4c/wBjS 4sxfcanbnuJcs7u2rM7Ek97H7BYeUxGe6vrN7TfeMxEzq5vBnS t2D9FpeB 805q06RuofolLwb77THPpritG5eN6LEPhj6lYGtS7qgsKyDx6r bS7zlmPdkC109eg4qrbiQvrr5oWHunTsNXWoi1EN1dQyntVhcH 3GXjdhyjziMMrgghbmxvlU2Yeq1jxIIBHhKXtXaFSgwR8OhcsC Ct7G1Q1FqKtOzWz3bmQSQeOt7kdt3Y9PFUjTqXHNWHrI3aP4jn NMqlXq1FAYYSquXLYoK3VyZ7FVq0GHCoy68rdgtifHoASUxNNW cOD0akK92uylmUkjO1gBpZdDaSGzNuvgvo2OD9W5p1QCy1E7Rz JHDtGlxwJxbX2iKi561ayBGY0UK5wQocIdeqQuUG44uOWkqPGH q5mVKFSl0vWaihvTbNbOwYKCVXReP1aarzJl0xNAVEKtcXA4cV YaqyntUgEHtAnPN16y1cZRARV6Ms ZdL3pOpCDlTXMo78wOpJJ6VFJWDZmJLqVewqIctS2gvYEMv6LA hh424gzckZjPm3WuOFglX2Ceqx9hiT3KzyTEjRERAREQEREBER AREQEREBERAREQE5B6bdMbspv7Rx/m4f c6/OReny4fZzqOsKz5favSZQe7MogVveA2qg/oEe6tW/nJbYbfOr34Kj/hd/5yGpYXE4nrOlNKlNnp1VzcGzCqLEXBHzhHlJnZ9I08RTpsRdcG AbcLrV5e c71jU7T68ZzOoLEjsJHuM6QDOb4vSpUHY7j3ORH46cmPx/n/KWLck9etb82nytzqd8rLtLBuJU crW4BKdzyuS njbXzmuXSTts kb/hV/Wr9jST3RP0PDfqaf3RIz0i/8J/eL9jSQ3Re Cw5/sk7uU539WvlQ8SOu/6x/vtMRpt afcZl2gxFWqOyrUH MzTdp2jDL0J8PHSdD3QP0Sn 399pzQGdJ3NN8IntVP/ANGmOfS8U3eT/o9xPzD4YnXDVCi/qn69E/ukr zK9NndzE9Fj0/NxFNqR/WU71Kfnl6UTPC 2uToUT5eJ1c2rtLZ1KvTNOquZT5EHkyniD3ic/2tsJ8O69PephlYEYgI1R6S3BK1qaEG2gs4uBYEiwtOlXiUxVNy cIHL4zKQtTq4cMLN0Nx1zzBeynwUcyZbJ8ESDzUQMCrAEEEEHg QdCD3TBsiqcppsSWpNkJPFgACjHtJQqT337JszRqHJiKbcqoNJ vbQNUpfDph5rKqUiIkCIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiAnKP/UAtqWBf83FfhJ/DOrzln/qEX6Fhj2Ytb BpVf5QIXdwHpcYXFm UAML3AtSUjXwaeVx1NsdTKspBw1ReK8RUQgaHiRczVwtaqlOp0 wC16tVmq5GTKtlRFsWuNUVe3iZoV630ikc39XUGtRO1Ta4Ww8J znFq1d5p19kYd2LPQpMx4koCSe0yM2biXAzZwKS6ElgwvyVfmx c9wM3KG2VPrKw1 qHcW5E9QTPjYusq7Fww4Yeh/20/lNulRVRZFVR2KAo9wnpHB4G/wDvmOU9TKqz6Qh9DP6xPxD M29zD9Bw/wCrt7iRNf0gD6E/t0/vW/jMu47XwND2W FRxNfynyr23dgYjp6jJSZ1di4KlPrG5BBYEEEkSP8A6Axf/TVf8v8A1Tp8S dMcuO7uM/6ap76Y/FL7sHCth6FKiwLMb5iuqqzEubnsF7X7pKT4ZLy0kLzT2pWNNBX HGhUSsPCmwL/AODOPObkx4miHRkPBlZf3gR/GSXKrpoqA6jgdR4Gfc0re6m0ekwWGcnU0Kd/FVCn4qZK/KRPQ5N/MIzSPOKE8nGQJItPmeRhxwnk44QJQ1JHbcf5h2Fy1O1VQOJNEi oF88uX9qYmxwngY0HQ8DxgWBGBAI1BFx4GepFbquTg8PfUikin 2kGU/EGSsikREBERAREQEREBERAREQEREBObenygz7NXIpZlxCEAAk pUBNh4zpMjt4aStha6sAVNJwwPArlNwb8rQOEU9p0mLvVoYymz Pc5qSEjqro2fgdL BWY32lhflFBumqhAtUMWXKQSFyqMg4HW/gJObO2XSY1QQEIqdX5PWqoMmRMp0I143043E1trbKy4nDDp64B FfV2WrlCoGNukU6EA3vec/Jux7xG0cPUtbF01UaKpNRAPH1bnvMxpQptwxOGf9vMf8VU/ZK0Lk/N0HF9C9Clmt3mmq6zEcRSPrYWgfZNan/wCQj4SzU9LthsCEGZFpvUOlwFAUdoKoSTw43mWk IX1lLe77bLKAyYXiaFVO9Kw/wDJTt8ZInZbJwG1KY5FVSstu35qoNPKL9riY31xDNgqoaky2NP UlCPXXsa/wmX0f1gcFSFxcGoLf3r2lV2sX6F1OLxDggfN1qVdL6i2rkrpx1 PKedgYjF0VCU8ZhBTBbLTapRBBLX1zrz1 tzkyYLvX3nw6sy/PHKSpZaTsmYaMAw42IIMxrvhguBrFfaSoPwyE2ZtTaK01FKnSd BmtbIxN2JJ6lQHUknhNl94ccPyuBJ/u6wHvNxM4JpN5cGf YpeZI 0TPT2zhjwxFD/uJ/OVOrvPS/rtn0/PL KnMY21s1vWwIHsLT/gyxgvlOqrC6srDtUgj4T2soNDa Co1aVXDJUpXbLXUg5WpMD1iAzXZWCkecmjtfDPU6QY0qLocpDq LIbka20bgfGSyzqNccvdxZdxsWRgqa/mVK6eSV6gHwtJpsbKBu/vDhqVBleuinp8QwHWY5WrOVNlB0IN/OZa2/WDHB6j yn oiehyXRsbMZxnfKBW9INL6tCofaZV zNNCt6QKp9ShTHtMzfZljYOlnF98xnFGcqq764w8Gpr7KD8V5p 1t48W3HEVR7JyfctGwx2A4hu a9Ta1JD161JfadR9pnGKtd39d3b2mLfaZiYWBsLnkANSeQEnku O6YT0jYLCUKdNi9R8pe1JQwC1GZ0uxIGqlTbsI7ZKbC9JOCxLi mC1NiQAKhUXLGwAsTck2HnOVelTd8YOpgwumbB06bW5vhgqFvM Mg8pr jPYRxmMUdIU6ErVaykkqrA t6ouco7dSeUI/SEREBERAREQEREBERAREQEREBI3eSjWfC1kw XpmpsKef1cxFrN3SRLDtE8HEIPrL7xA/M2 uD2hgHpnGjB1XrBillDlVpkXUtlDcXFusec1P6TqCgtc0admR8 ppV3boy al87RdmNMMRa gNxYmfojbmxtn4rXE06NQ2tmOj2F7DMCDYXPPnKVtD0ZbHN8tf EUgxGZadUZWANwrBlNxfUdkmRdriuyNlNV9SlWqvlzkUgWKpe2 ZrDUkYa4dPVdu7UkfGXrD7BRkxNCm4Skm0GQu5JPRYeiTRW4Gr EubcNTe4tK1vHTHTuL3BKm54ksAWLaDrZi17Dje2kqNfZj1bA1 GQhvqmwbKfraD4HlOkbkY3pMN0ZPWoMaZ7co1pn9wj3GU/C4YLRosKFKvWxT1bCqCctKkSiJSsRkYsjsXGoAFjpYxmOxFfD1 X6CtVp3tpmF7aFVe1wWF7HvBkvHYsroeP2jj0bq4dXTpWW4ux6 LqZGIDXB1e n1eXOZrYKk/r0qTe0it9onJqG/wDj0Ni1Op3Og 1bGTezvSTUc2bCZzz6FmJ8bWM53jWtjc23s/DUsEK3Q0gwqFWazG3zjqbhWGtwBJPZm7tF6NKorYiiz00cilVc AFlBNs1 2QP/ALgwVZ2cVMdhmY9cU2U0y3MslyL9ugm9hds3/I7WoN2LiaSp5FhlMXRM/wBBVh6mPxI/WWqj42kNtoVcPlFath6ua5HSYVCLLYEsVU29YSVpY7aFrijhMQ O2jWK3/fuJC7zM I6Pp8JjqOS4JpqtdWVipZWysPzRrE xg25s2sgo9JhsFZq9NAaGamXLXsjaiym3G2lhPtbZSrrU2diUA 4mlW6TTt1VtJI7S2qmNq4WjQWrdMSlaoWpsgRKQJOa/M3Ak3vTi iwlZ72OQqvtVOoPvRo49W1JI5/ZMSHle0zEHlb3WmPosx7NCfMTqw9Mrj6w84DVOQvz0F58oPaxA FxzNpkrYhb3VhrysSQTx1Gh18JFeRibGzCx58reN E26ZBkfiqreqwYiwK3FrBgCCtuRBBtz0nygzU1zZSykjUNoON1 YW6pJI424c7wJIkDibSz jzYjYnH4cFGNJX6V2scpWj1wM3A3fILdhM2fRxvlgMGGOIwVd3 drisFSqFUD1VBAyjiSRqfITsOw/SBszE2Wli6QY8EqXpN4ZXtfykwqsemzYj4j5Eaauzis9MhQDan VCl3Ps9GvvMn9wdw02a1ZhWNU1gguUCZVp5zbQm9y/wml6U8UyHZzKxA WrnKkgdFkbPmy8VtqfCXunUDAMpBBFwRqCDqCO6VHuIiUIiICI iAiIgIiICIiAMwVqN ZmeIEBjtmOeDGV3G7MqjmZ0GY6lFTxEDlNehUHbNKpmHG86nit jo3KQeN3b7BCuVriKS1MTh69xRxYVwwAJStS4OBcX4m9jfVSOB lJ2/jVas5VmZQQoZrZnCfXax4njxnZds7opVUpUphh7iD2gjUGVHEe j6kpuqNpr1mZh7idYTHnZOLcbNSrQDM1E1MPiFX1vk Ifpi6Dm2pAPah7BKrvVVvW1zA5FBDAAiw0Fhw0tpJ1sHjcHUar hs4zXv0bZW1Nz3Mt9bcjwlZq7MxVVyTTYFjcs5tx4k31MomN3d k0q DqJUUAtXzLUUL0oVUVSgYi U3bThedGp7x1VAVGyKNAFAUWHcolX2XgRTpLTX6o48Lk6k ZJm6KJkVm2q1PE616aVDwDMoLgXvYNxt3XkNi928HU/qgvsMy/C9vhJUUZ7WjAqp3Jpqb0q1VD36/FSszpgNpUvyWLLDsZ2 xwR8ZZQk9ZZMFeXb21af5SktQDnkDH/KYfGRO8W9b4mkKLUejKuGbrE3sCApBAI1N5eLSpvu/Xr1WbEsQLtlKFGst7qpFgdBpe5jxhqnVC3lPVKlc5VUsx0AUEs e4Aanwl7o7oYces1VvFgo/wAKg/GS y9j4Wg6vTornRgysxZiGU3DDMeIIEope7 Bw9yuKD0zmW2ZcvVIbMRmU3YMEFj cZp7YxWGWpbDtSKBVvdaTdf64BKAkcJ3XD731hxsfETep7002/KUUPkD9ohd9Pzqdo3tfomsoUXVdAoAUC1uAAEyLtA3UhUBU3Wx qLa9r2yuNDYX7Z jUxWz6nr4al 1RRv4TaG6mzKov8hwjX/sKY/DImvzUdodfP0VJTcHqdLTW455UcLc2101mtUWixuaAHcrsBp3G 4n6Xf0e7KP/ACGHHspl 7aalX0X7JbjhLezVrr9jwa/PRxh0zGsQoAANU2Cj6q9XqjwtLlgPSXXpikqK1NaIIGXLWLKeC VA4Ulb9jqR2yx7/ejfCUVw5wammz4hUfPVrOChViQuYtY3A1kljPR9hMBXw2LoPX6 mJp3V3BphDmDE9W g11P8o1Fg3I3 obRZ6dNHR0XMb6qRe2hsNb307pcJ8An2UIiICIiAiIgIiICIiA iIgIiICfLT7EDFUoKeU0sRslG5SSiBWMTu6DykRid2P0Zfp8Ki BzOru w4Car7Jccp1JqCnlMT4FDygcrbZ7dk8/Im7J099lIeUxnYqdkK5p8ibsn35A3ZOljYtPsmRdk0xygczGzm 7J8bZz/mmdTXAUx9UTIMMn5o90DkDYZuwzNQ2bVb1VJv2Tq74KmeKKfIT XfY1E8Ey ySv2QKEu7VXLmPV8ZkobDJtkZi3Zl098uY2EgN1eoPPMPjM64O ovq1feo/hCILBPXor85hQyj6yWzW7xJvAbXoVNFYA/mnqkeRmPH4nEUxcItXwuDKvtXauZvnsIR32IYd4IgXwGfJzXA7 RxKNmo9KyD6rXOnZLRgt66Z0rI9I94OX3wNb0gnq4X/7afdaSu8uFWrTWm3BqgHgWDKDfiDc6W1vaQO/WMSoMHkYMPlStproqsDp4sJZ9qN1UYH tp87AguAdQewyKy7NrFqaljdgLN7Q0P bUjEHQ1XJyilUOYnhlq2AN 5gAb9oPbJOVCIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIi ICIiAiIgIiICIiAmOpRVuIBmSIHhKSjgAPCHpKeKg IvPcQI vsikw0RVPaAOfEEcweyfMRSFKgQqqoQA2UBVsCGNhaw58pIz4y 3FoHywI7Zg RLayl10t1WItwtb3f7vPmGwKIbrfhbiT9s2oGumHIIJdzbkctj 42AmxEQEREBERA//Zhttps://www.motorsportsland.com/wp-content/uploads/vehicles/32101/32101-2018-Winnebago-Micro-Minnie-20180630.jpg

Ultralight
6-28-19, 5:55am
Alan, Simplemind, and others:

Camper living is interesting and seems really fun! Would you all be open to me creating a thread specifically on that? I would definitely like to hear more about your campers, your plans, and any travels/adventures!

Thoughts?

Rachel
6-30-19, 1:50pm
Coming late to this conversation. SiouzQ: You have been through the wringer in the last few years. You did your quest the way you wanted to, and that is so good. But you might need to go back to some baby steps to get back in shape, slowly recover your energy and flexibility. Yoga classes, mindful eating, daily walks...you might discover that in a year or two you are fine for tent camping or some version of that. But give yourself some TLC for a while. When your emotional energy goes up your physical energy will go up, and when your physical energy goes up you'll be able to do some good exercise program, and then both your emotional and your physical will continue to improve. You'll feel better. You seem like a nice person, you deserve that TLC.

happystuff
7-3-19, 7:35am
Also coming late to this conversation. Lots of great information, ideas and experiences. Bae, amazing and congrats on your test - I know it was a while ago, but still... yah!

We used to tent camp at least once a year with the kids - from diaper age all the way to pre-teen. It was fun and we all had a good time. It's been a while now, but I still love the idea of tent camping. If the rain ever stops for more than 2 days here, I may just set the tent up in the back yard!