PDA

View Full Version : Put my sewing machine up for sale

Squirrel
1-2-12, 2:57pm
I have decided that after long thought consideration, I have put my sewing machine up for sale.
I don't have the patience/time to really learn how to use it and every time I see it sitting in the back of my closet, is just a reminder that I should really put the time and effort to use it since I paid x amount of $ for it and this was stressing me.
I guess I just accepted that you can't be good at everything, sigh...
Now, moving on to new projects that I will really enjoy.

iris lily
1-2-12, 3:24pm
Good for you! This is a great time of year to do that, and when you get rid of it you can move on to other fun things.

Mrs-M
1-2-12, 8:51pm
Squirrel. Wish you and I could have connected somehow, so I could have spent some time with you Re: learning how to sew. Nonetheless, I'm happy you're moving forward with the sale of your sewing machine. How nice it will be for you to be able to take the sale money and apply it to something else you've been wanting to do.

Tradd
1-2-12, 8:59pm
I had a sewing machine myself that I let go about three years ago. It hurt my carpel tunnel to move the needle up and down. Really hurt. So I gave it to a friend who was always borrowing her mom's 1970s machine - and her mom lived three hours away! Her mom has been doing a great deal of sewing for my friend's family, and has been using my former machine. She was astonished how much easier it was to work than her old one! Both were Kenmore brand. I'm very happy to see my former machine is being well-used and the sewing grandma is doing is saving a lot of money for my friend's family.

happystuff
1-3-12, 7:13am
I have a working treadle machine that I am ready to part with. Hmmm... maybe listing it on Craigslist should be added to my "to-do" list.

shadowmoss
1-5-12, 10:21am
I wish I was in the US to take this off your hands! I so want a treadle machine. You aren't anywhere near either Nashville or Kansas City, are you? I'll be in both places visiting in the next 3 weeks.

mira
1-5-12, 10:28am
I would snap this up from you if I were in your neck of the woods! I took a two-hour intro to sewing class recently and can't wait to get my hands on a machine!

happystuff
1-5-12, 6:06pm
I wish I was in the US to take this off your hands! I so want a treadle machine. You aren't anywhere near either Nashville or Kansas City, are you? I'll be in both places visiting in the next 3 weeks.

Sadly, no - although I would love knowing that you would be the one using it! (Actually first *met* you on another site many, many years ago - I never posted, but totally read all the time! :) )

babr
1-6-12, 1:36pm
i think i am also going to let go of the sewing machine mil bought me years ago; i am not a detailed person; can't attend to tasks; have eye pain when i do alot of visual tracking

there are great products that dh and i have used to make things like curtains; glue is good and cheap

now i have to figure out how much to sell it for and where

where S will you be selling at?

dh has not wanted me to get rid of it; but it doesn't make sense to me to have it sitting there for over 10 years; hardly ever used!