PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access my gmail correspondence directly...

razz
6-7-12, 6:58pm
Whe I shut down the computer one evening, it was working fine. The nest morning, the gmail correspondence list of topics downloaded as usual but I cannot access any of them via gmail. It keeps 'loading' the message. I switched over to LiveMail and can access all the emails therebut all my contact listings are under the gmail.
I signed out from gmail and then back in, no luck. Anyone else having this problem?
I have not added or deleted anything to computer. I could take this problem to the service shop under my service warranty but if it is a simple fix, I thought that someone may have solved this problem before.
TIA

Sissy
6-8-12, 11:30am
razz, I can't get to my Gmail, either. But there are alot of freaky things going on concerning the 'net on my computer, anyway.

frugal-one
6-8-12, 2:20pm
Saw in the paper today that gmail has been hacked and that there are security issues. I believe it stated that basically it was when accessed from your phone.

razz
6-8-12, 6:23pm
Saw in the paper today that gmail has been hacked and that there are security issues. I believe it stated that basically it was when accessed from your phone.
And my internet is via a cellular network so that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

razz
6-9-12, 8:03pm
Well, duh, double duh, I googled Google about gmail problems and it turns out that it is a common problem that Google is working on. They suggested and gave me the link to go to the HTML version and now my gmail works just fine.

Why does the obvious stare one in the face and we don't see it?

Mrs-M
6-9-12, 8:27pm
I checked my account yesterday, and all is well. Do you have your browser set-up to accept/decline cookies, Razz? If so, do check to see if (by chance) you have somehow inadvertently blocked, cookies, accounts.Google.ca or accounts.Google.com.

razz
6-9-12, 8:58pm
I checked my account yesterday, and all is well. Do you have your browser set-up to accept/decline cookies, Razz? If so, do check to see if (by chance) you have somehow inadvertently blocked, cookies, accounts.Google.ca or accounts.Google.com.
Don't think that it is a cookie issue since the HTML version works without difficulty.

Mrs-M
6-9-12, 9:01pm
Hmmm... thinking, thinking.

Mrs-M
6-9-12, 9:02pm
How about trying to access using an alternative browser?