PDA

View Full Version : 5 toilets! Maybe one down!

iris lily
11-10-12, 3:02pm
DH has a collection of toilets squirreled away in our spare house. They always make me laugh when I see them sitting there in a row, someday I'll take a photo. So anyway, today he is fixing our upstairs toilet which, as it turns out, has cracks all over it and must be replaced. We were talking about how much to spend on a toilet and the light bulb went off in his head: Why don't we use one of the stored toilets?

Gosh ya think?????!!!!!! What are we saving them for?

And after this we will still have 4 spare toilets.

He is a funny little man.

awakenedsoul
11-10-12, 3:46pm
I think the old toilets were better made than the new "low flow" ones. I have an American Standard that I have had repaired twice in the last 15 years. It's at least 20 years old. I love it. Yes, why don't you use one of the spare toilets? They are paid for, and probably good quality.

ToomuchStuff
11-10-12, 4:28pm
Gosh ya think?????!!!!!! What are we saving them for?

And after this we will still have 4 spare toilets.

He is a funny little man.

You should have told him you would rather just flush the money away.:~)

Jilly
11-10-12, 4:30pm
lol

bae
11-10-12, 5:08pm
Wow, Iris, your Home God Guy is *really* prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse. I am humbled by his example!

razz
11-10-12, 6:13pm
My chuckle for the day so thanks.

lhamo
11-10-12, 6:24pm
Can you turn them into planters for your irises?

Mrs-M
2-10-13, 3:02pm
ROTFLMAO!

CathyA
2-10-13, 4:05pm
Can you turn them into planters for your irises?

LOL lhamo, I was just going to say that!

iris lily
2-11-13, 12:00am
Since someone resurrected this thread, I feel compelled to report that we didn't use any of the stored toilets after all. DH bought a new water saving one. I can't remember why, exactly, none of the saved up toilets would work for our house.

goldensmom
2-11-13, 6:31am
How timely. I don't remember the reason but we replaced a fine functioning toilet 18 years ago and stored the old one in the barn just in case. Recently we had to replace the toilet in our shop, bought a new one and installed it. I completely forgot about the toilet stored in the barn until I read the topic of this thread so it sure didn't so any good or save us any money by keeping the old one.

Mrs-M
2-11-13, 6:36am
Originally posted by Iris Lily.
DH bought a new water saving one.That's great... but please, don't use any old ones for planters. It's sooo wrong, and it looks butt-ugly! Pardon the pun.

ToomuchStuff
2-12-13, 2:30am
That's great... but please, don't use any old ones for planters. It's sooo wrong, and it looks butt-ugly! Pardon the pun.

It is fine, in front of a plumbing supply house. I think Red Green, converted one to a water fountain.:laff: