Thread: Essential Oils

Essential Oils

My 13 year old granddaughter has started running track. She is active, and in good shape, but is now using muscles in ways she isn't used to, and is complaining of pain. I thought I'd make her some bath bombs that she can use to soak in, but I'm not sure what would be helpful in terms of relaxation and pain relief. Calendula? Though I thought that was more for topical injuries. She just needs a bit of pampering. After just a couple of weeks of training she had her first meet, and did pretty well for a first timer. Her 7th grade DI team is going to the global competition in Tennessee next month, she has a few more track meets, and (fortunately) cheerleading is over for now. I worry that she may need more rest between activities, but I don't make the schedule and she never complains, except about the pain she is now having. Performing in plays has never caused any pain or other problems, even though the rehearsal schedule is sometimes a bit busy, IMHO.But never says anything about being tired or not wanting to go to school early for practice. And I'd rather she be busy, and use this time to explore different activities. Well, anyway, I didn't mean to get sidetracked, but would love suggestions for essential oils to use. Thanks.

Perhaps this link will help: http://www.auroma.com/Everyday-Aroma...ssential-oils/

My granddaughter was into soccer (travel team and lettered in high school). She found drinking coconut water a big help. http://speedxbrentwood.com/benefits-of-coconut-water/

I use star anise essential oil diluted in a carrier oil as a topical treatment for sore muscles and bones.

Lessisbest gave good info for EO. Homeopathic remedy.... Arnica Montana... 30c..... helps for overworked muscles. Chamomile will help for muscle aches... even a a tea.

Definitely arnica. Can also look into taking a bath in magnesium salts, which are a bit different than epsom salts.

I love Weleda oils, which are essential oils mixed with carrier oils (sunflower, sesame, olive, almond - it varies.) They are NOT essential oils; they are made with essential oils. The Weleda arnica massage oil is perfect for sore muscles. I have given the Weleda Body Oil Essentials Kit as a gift on a number of occasions and always got great feedback. They are very light and smell heavenly.

My dd gets sore from dance. She uses the Arnica Massage oil on her feet before bed and says it helps a lot. She also likes to soak in Epsom salts and Colloidal Oatmeal. She had eczema - it has cleared up but she still likes the way the Colloidal Oatmeal makes her skin feel.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. -- Gandalf

Thread Information